Sharefest - exchange WAV files for collabs

Started by 64Guitars, August 29, 2013, 07:38:27 PM

64Guitars

This website might be useful for exchanging large WAV files for collaborations.

https://www.sharefest.me/

Just click the big grey box or drag a file into it. It will then give you a URL that you can email to someone so that they can download the file. The file is transferred from your computer to the other person's computer. It's not stored in the cloud or anywhere else, so you have to keep the page open until they've finished downloading the file.

I haven't tried it yet but I will when the need arises.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

T.C. Elliott

I think it has been mentioned (possibly by me) but the public folder in dropbox is a nice option as well. Drop your file(s) into the public folder and right click and select copy url or link and twala, someone can grab the file. It will also work to stream an mp3 here at this site, but I'm guessing most of us will make room for more files eventually.

also, I got a gmail account partially because they allow bigger files as attachments than other free email services. You can do up to 25mb files which for me will work for most single tracks or takes. Or even songs sometimes.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

bruno

Okay, this is peer to peer - your machine acts as a server. Doesn't work with my version of Safari on the Mac (but not upgraded to latest OS - so my fault), but works with Firefox. Am a little nervous about peer to peer in general (although this is how Spotify works, and indeed Skype). Leaving the page up is a bit of a pain, loading up WAV's to SkyCloud or similar take an age due to poor upload speeds - but this is a broadband limit, so would expect this to take the same time (??? I would guess - not tried it). It does provides a secure transfer. Thanks for the heads up 64.

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600