Audio question..

Started by MrBud, August 28, 2013, 12:31:50 PM

MrBud

Anyone know of a application to download [hopefully cheap !]  similar to pro-tools,that would allow me to take unwanted "air/hiss" sounds and diminish,or eliminate them ?
I'm considering taking songs i've written/recorded already -the ones that may stand on their own-and making my 1st album with limited means.
Any help wildly appreciated.
Also,anyone familiar with my work,please tell me if you think it's even remotely up to par to do so.
Thank you,
George  [MrBud]
Up And Adam

Geir

Audacity has a noise reduction effect that works quite well when used with care. You let the effect "learn" the noise from a part where there's only noise (typically beginning or end of song/track) and then you use it on the whole song or track to actually remove the noise.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

i use an earlier version of audacity called cool edit pro. that has a noise reduction section. and i use the hiss reduction for my live recordings. i don't tinker with it but it gives good results.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

I've pulled out some noise with audacity before and it works well with a little trial & error.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on August 28, 2013, 01:07:46 PMi use an earlier version of audacity called cool edit pro.

Audition is the name that Adobe gave to Cool Edit Pro when they bought it in 2003. It is not related to Audacity in any way. ::)

I'm not sure if it's still available but Adobe was offering an older version of Audition that you could download for free, complete with serial number. It wasn't meant to be a giveaway. It was meant for legitimate owners of that version so they could replace lost or damaged copies. But there's nothing to stop anyone from downloading it.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=17455.0

If you like Cool Edit, you should give Audition a try since it's a step up from Cool Edit, yet should look familiar. I've never tried it myself, but I have used Audacity a lot.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

i keep making that mistake don't i lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann