Vote for the Sep/Oct 2013 "Artists/Covers" festival

Started by 64Guitars, August 26, 2013, 09:37:49 AM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from September 1 to October 31. Voting starts now and runs for 5 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on August 31. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Artists/Covers" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Theme/Genre" festival here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=19324.0

Please vote in both polls.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

ODH

I'm a big fan of the Suggestfest, I think it's moved this group further into being a real community rather than a collection of individuals with a shared interest.  Which is great and its a joy to participate.

One observation though is that nobody has actually posted any suggestions in the official thread in the past fortnight.

Get suggestin' everyone!
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Hilary

Quote from: Nick_ODH on August 30, 2013, 04:56:08 AMI'm a big fan of the Suggestfest, I think it's moved this group further into being a real community rather than a collection of individuals with a shared interest.  Which is great and its a joy to participate.

One observation though is that nobody has actually posted any suggestions in the official thread in the past fortnight.

Get suggestin' everyone!

I agree but I think it's lost it's momentum now and better to do something different (as 64 stated you can always post the suggestions anyway if you want to do them). Also it might leave some members out that may wish to participate but no-one's suggested anything for them, particularly the newer members. Maybe if it continues for another 2 months, there could be a way of contacting 64 to go on a wish-list for those that would like to participate but have had no suggestions, or don't like their current suggestions, to encourage other members to suggest something for them.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

64Guitars

Quote from: Hilary on August 30, 2013, 05:56:25 AMAlso it might leave some members out that may wish to participate but no-one's suggested anything for them, particularly the newer members. Maybe if it continues for another 2 months, there could be a way of contacting 64 to go on a wish-list for those that would like to participate but have had no suggestions, or don't like their current suggestions, to encourage other members to suggest something for them.

People can post a message in the official suggestions topic to request more suggestions if they don't have any or they don't like the suggestions that have been made for them.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=18828.0

If SuggestFest wins the poll, then I think we'll probably see a lot of new suggestions posted anyway.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

henwrench

Quote from: Nick_ODH on August 30, 2013, 04:56:08 AMOne observation though is that nobody has actually posted any suggestions in the official thread in the past fortnight.

Get suggestin' everyone!

I think a lot of the sudden 'apathy', may just be down to bad timing for some folks. My own situation is school holidays, so I've just hardly got anytime to do shit. Also 'real life' is really to the fore, with a lot of my time being spent on applying for jobs, which is almost exclusively all done online these days. Too much of any spare time I have is wasted filling out ridiculous application forms.... >:(

Hey ho.... :D

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR