First drum arrangement ..

Started by godinqc, February 26, 2009, 05:48:40 PM

godinqc

Arrangemnt1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I've been reading the very good articles/comments on drum patterns/arrangements from "Raz" and "64Guitars", so I decided to have a go at it. Let me know what you think.. once it was recorded/mastered I realized the mistake made, I'm not sure if the balance is right .. I think the drums are a bit too loud.. might have choosen better drum patterns .. etc ..anyways any feedback is welcome
Thanks  :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

mr2kewl

definitely sounds like you're getting a handle on the percussions. nice guitar licks, by the way...

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

dragonshade

I'd say you are getting a handle on the drum arranging man. Solid playing also. Isn't is cool to be able to record your own music??

hardlock

Nice work!  Slick tones and licks - really rocks near the end!  8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Ferryman

Balance sounds good to me, I wouldn't say the drums are too high. I don't like them getting lost, especially on rolls and fills. Nice playing too.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

soungs good- i think the drums are a bit loud

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

I'm jealous cos I'm still struggling With the Drum arrangements so Well ....Done 8) Love the way the piece develops

Greeny

The drums are fractionally high - but only for the first part. When the heavier power chords kick in, they sound spot on. Great playing and nice song construction though  :)

godinqc

Thanks for the feedback .. I've re-read the drum arrangement manuals and notes from this forum and hopefully my next song will be better ..

Thanks again
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

Really great sounding.  I don't find the drums too loud.  Really great guitar work.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand