Request for Opinions

Started by badrail, August 08, 2013, 04:32:05 PM

badrail

Hello, it's been awhile since I posted anything on her that might be classified as substantial, but I have been composing/recording/engineering a lot of originals (when time allows...). This short little passage has me confused as to what direction it needs to go, i.d. spoken vocals, sung lyrics, or just keep it an instrumental with a little background guitar solo part. So enjoy and thanks in advance for responses. I tentatively wanted to title this "The Foreshore" as in a walk along the beach waiting for a change in the seasons (just a thought)

Gritter

Sounds like a good start. I think you need some lyrics sung and maybe a slightly thicker guitar sound...the guitar has a low bit rate sound to it. Could use some warmth to the tone.

Redler

Nice song, badrail! Could be even better with lyrics!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

galestermusic

Good song! Like the bottom end. Thicken the guitar some by duplicating guitar tracks and panning xtreme left and right. If you have done that, make another pair and pan that pair left and right but more towards the center. Great start. Is that a mandolin in there? I have to get one. Love those things.

Geir

Very nice !! Yeah, I too would love to hear this with lyrics that are sung. It shouldn't be difficult to make a beautiful melody to this beautiful music !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

heg577

..agree with comments regarding the thicker guitar tone. I do not care for the drums on this track - I think the instruments and a vocal would carry it nicely..
There is a beautiful symphony playing within us all..

Hook

Yea that's a great progression, definitely needs some lyrics/vocals. A couple things you can do with the drums to make it sound less programed is to change up the rhythms. Instead of just one rythm for the verse (or any section) go back & forth between a few. Add some reverb and bring it down a bit in the mix & add a shaker &/or a tambourine track to give it more of a live feel. It's a cool tune with tons of potential!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely