"Billion Dollar War Babies"

Started by Neo, August 03, 2013, 04:48:02 PM

Neo

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Just finished literally 5 minutes ago and hot of the press, "Billion Dollar War Babies". The title reflects it's many wild and varied influences.

On rhythm guitar, Neo. On lead guitar, Neo. On bass, Neo and on drums, Neo.

Hope you like it. :)

[reverbnation]18188837[/reverbnation]
Near Earth Object

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase

Hilary

It's not showing up Kev - you need to check the link :(
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Neo

Quote from: Hilary on August 03, 2013, 05:22:53 PMIt's not showing up Kev - you need to check the link :(

Sorry about that Haylie. I checked the final mix on the ipod and the bass was pumped. Hopefully it's a bit better now? :)
Near Earth Object

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase

Hilary

Oh Kev I'm well impressed you got those drums in the Campervan  ;) - great to hear 100% you and another drummer on the forum too #itsallgood
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

AndyR

Couldn't get it to play in this thread (played the first bass drum beat, then cuts off). Listening on reverbnation now.

Rocking :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Redler

Real cool piece of rock! I got a grunge vibe on this. Fine job on each department, Neo!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Quote from: AndyR on August 04, 2013, 02:39:42 AMCouldn't get it to play in this thread (played the first bass drum beat, then cuts off). Listening on reverbnation now.

Rocking :)
ditto that. And really great to hear an "all you" production !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Neo

Cheers all.

I've tried the player on my pc and no problems here, so not sure what's causing the streaming problem for some.

The tune was thrown together in a rush last night mainly cos I was impatient to see what the BR and me could do and wanted to share it with you fine folk here. The guitar part went a bit awry near the end, probably because my finger tips were red raw with all the rhythm, bass and lead guitar. :D

I'm having a bit of an artistic crisis at the moment. My guitar tone seems to have dissapeared and has been replaced with an ear splitting shriek. I haven't changed anything, though I tried rolling the volume pot off on the Tele and that seems to have helped a little bit.

Is this all in a day for the enthusiastic musician?  ???
Near Earth Object

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase

phantasm777

good job neo, are the drums real?

Neo

Quote from: phantasm777 on August 06, 2013, 09:29:02 PMgood job neo, are the drums real?

Cheers Phantasm,

No the drums are courtesy of the BR, though I used to play an Alesis DM5 electronic setup. I think the BR drums have a bit more life to them, though you don't have the same flexibility as a 'real' kit.
Near Earth Object

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase