Homosapien by Pete Shelley suggested by ORH

Started by Pete C, August 03, 2013, 03:17:07 AM

Pete C

Homosapien
Time:
0:00
Volume:
SuggestFest (banner image missing)

First, apologies for not being around much during July - lost my mother-in-law and then my auntie and what with the hot weather as well, I've not felt much like recording anything.

Anyway, ORH suggested this song for me - Pete Shelley was the singer with the Buzzcocks who I loved but this song wasn't familiar.  Found it on YouTube - mmm, bit of a camp video, also covered by Pansy Division.  According to Wiki, the BBC banned it for 'explicit reference to gay sex'.  So thats why I'd never heard it.

Found the lyrics but there's not a single tab for it so I had to work the chords out myself (which I'm crap at) - luckily, if I'm right, there's only 4.

So here goes....

recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

brilliant pete c. i had this single from the day it was released, never twigged re the gay sex stuff lol, even tho pete shelley was always quite fey.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

ODH

Great job Pete. As you may know, I too love Buzzcocks - saw them a couple of months back - and I do remember the song but not that familiar with. But I ramble.

You've done a great job though. Chords sound pretty spot on to my ear. Smashing. :)
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Hilary

I was trying to think of one for you yesterday but this is just perfect Pete, you've done a mighty fine job with it. I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law and your auntie x
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

64Guitars

Great job. Love the guitars and the bleepy synth sound. Excellent vocal too.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

cuthbert

You definitely captured the Buzzcocks vibe - loving the guitar and synth (that a VL-Tone?). Nice one, man.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Pete C

The synth bit is a Yahama PS something or other that my son had as a kid.  One of those 100 preset jobs.  I do have a VL Tone - didn't think of using that !
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

Fab man, really good energy here.  Great cover.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

DeificDave

Great cover, love the vocal and energy, well done!
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

Jarle

recorder
Boss BR-800