I See Through You - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, August 03, 2013, 02:27:21 AM

AndyR

At last... I've managed to finish something.

This was written months ago. I was about to try recording it with one or two others when this year's decorating started. With various buggered fingers, back muscles, etc, etc, I wasn't actually able to play properly for a while. Then, when it was all ok again, I was enjoying just lying on the sofa in the transformed living room too much.

But here we are. An uplifting little ditty that the missus is very fond of. I was less so, initially, I was worried it was a bit of a dirge when I heard my early attempts... but it's kinda grown on me (still think it's a bit of a dirge!!).

Anyway... Piano! And played live, both hands at the same time!! :D (it's not played as sensitive as I'd like, or quite as "in time" in places, but this is a big thing for me, as a life-long blues-rock guitarist!)

Now I need to catch up on my listening to everyone else's stuff - lots to catch up on. Many apologies for ignoring you all for a few months, I sort of went off music altogether for a bit... I almost felt like a "normal" human-being for a while there!!

I See Through You
Words & Music AndyR
Recorded on a BR1600
--------------------------------

I See Through You - A A J Russe

You lack nothing
Except some sense
When you barge into my room
With confidence
And you know your greatest asset
Is your tears
But do you really think I've wasted all of these years?
All of these years

I see through you

I heard you coming
But I stood still
And there's nothing I have done
Against my will
If you can see me from over there
Please get wise
I can see you just as well
What a surprise
'Cause I've got eyes

And I see through you

Copyright (C) 2013 A A J Russe. All Rights Reserved.
Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Redler

What a ballad!! Fantastic piano playing, Andy! I'm loving the contrasts between silent piano/vocal spots and powerful "band" spots. The outro is perfect! Nice job!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

different class, this is gonna get a few listens, up to your usual high standard, braw tell yer maw. lost for words brilliant.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

back for some more, loving the chord progressions on the piano, bloody ab fab. is that a real piano?
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SE

What a cracker, piano and vox are just fab and the tune is really catchy too, can hear this on the radio. A radio two live session maybe ,  just magic!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Tangled Wires

Well, you've done it again haven't you, and this might ease the play load on "With Mum Again" on my Ipod now, as can see this getting countless listens alongside it.

The piano hook got my attention from the first bar and the little rests between this and vocal are exquisite and help build up tension in the first verse, and love how if all builds up to a fuller sound for the second verse before it all returns back to just that vocal and piano for the outro.

Special, special song that has an instant likeability.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

bazz-t-bass

Hi Andy... this an outstandingly well constructed piece of songwriting  (not to mention performance)
............I thought I told you not to mention performance!!!!!!!!!!!

Great stuff

Bazz
recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Boss BR-600

WHAT IF? the hokey cokey is really what it's all about????

Geir

I've listened to this 10 times at least today and I still don't know how to comment on this. It is so many lightyears away from what I'm able to do, so I'm completely lost for words. But I'll say a few words anyway.

FANFREAKINGTASTIC !!!!

The performance is so dynamic, sensitive and just shows what an amazing performer you are. And the song ... WOW ....

You are an amazing artist Andy !

I'm a fan !!!

oh and the fretless !!! my oh my !!! Is it the upright you bought some time ago?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

cuthbert

Your piano playing sounds quite fine to me (I'm curious too - real piano?), in fact everything sounds terrific! You really hit an emotional chord with this, and it all sounds so natural, too - that's the talent.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Hilary

Oh I like it - it seems much more organic than some of your other songs - like you haven't fussed too much over it, which knowing you, you probably have. If that makes any sense.

Classic Andy - cool  8)

they are all outstanding btw :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça