"Codes & Keys" FL MET 2013

Started by Hook, August 02, 2013, 11:42:09 PM

Hook

Codes & Keys
Time:
0:00
Volume:
 Bruno & his family are just wonderful people! I had a great time getting to know them a little tonight & hope to get to know them much better.
I wrote this tune the other day so I would have something new when I met bruno and it was so much fun to sit and play a tune together. LITLR through the sony stereo mic into the mbr. I mastered it on the drive home & pulled the mp3 right off the mbr, thus skipping any finishing in audacity for now.
will post lyrics & pic later
Codes & Keys
written by Hook
performed by bruno & Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Tangled Wires

Great song, and for a LITLR version the recording and performance quality is amazing.

The guitar and Uke interweave wonderfully to create some really charming melodies, and especially like the progression on the Uke which mirrors the vocal line during the verses.

Got to be one for that live set.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Wow!

So great to hear you two together live!

The recording is really excellent, your time in the Nissan studio has surly made you a top notch guerrilla recording engineer.

And what a fab song!

Yes, pictures please :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

AndyR

Lovely song and recording. Love how the guitar and uke fit together.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Speed Demon

Very nice work. Very nice, indeed.

I like this song. Well written, vocalized, played and produced.

Well done!

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Redler

Quote from: Tangled Wires on August 03, 2013, 12:42:04 AMGreat song, and for a LITLR version the recording and performance quality is amazing.

I agree with TW!! What a laid back and dreamy song!! Beautiful guitar solo around two minutes! Pie pod stuff absolutely!

Quote from: Geir on August 03, 2013, 01:26:14 AMYes, pictures please :)

Yes, please :)
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

Wow - great to listen back to this, this morning. Definitely chillaxing in florida. Hot weather, a few beers, not at work. Wonderfully. Thanks bro, had a great evening - and thanks for the loan of the guitar, 4 days in, and I was missing playing. It was a brilliant evening, first of a few :-) loving life.

Listening back to this, I have a picture in my head now of us sitting on the floor playing indelibly etched as a memory. I will listen to this in years to come, and this will always put a smile on my face and bring me back to florida 2013. Magic, this is too cool for words.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

bruno

Ah, you left your sunglasses here. Ashley just found them.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

oh yeah way to go guys, fabulous song and recording, yup looking for pics and vids. the first transatlantic met, brilliant. hope you guys have a ball. i know you will.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann