Snow Day: Instrumental

Started by Bluesberry, February 24, 2009, 05:33:07 PM

Bluesberry

;D ;D ;D You guys/gals are so great.  Thank you so much for the positive reaction, really makes my day.  What I was trying to represent is the cycle of a snow storm, it starts out, a few flakes, then it picks up, heavy snow comming in waves, then the middle section is the driving wind and snow (hence the driving nature of the chords), the echoey guitar is supposed to represent the howling wind, this finally dies down and all is quite and clear and the air is crisp (that is the crispy, crinkly guitar),  you go outside and breath in the crisp air and survey the snow that has fallen, the storm slows down and is finally over.  Anyway that was my crazy idea when I was putting this together.  I agree Greeny, I really need to play more acoustic guitar.  I love it and am slowly working on my fingerpicking skills, but lately its been mostly all electric.  I realized how much I love playing acoustic  and love the sound while working on this (the snow day gave my the oportunity to play for a while).  Thank you to all who posted comments.  ;D ;D ;D

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

mr2kewl

well... i think you did an excellent job of musically painting a picture for us.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

tafka

great playing here.
i think this is your finest post to date.
i also think you should play more acoustic.not that there is anything wrong with the electric.
a great listen!

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Bluesberry

Quote from: Witchita on February 26, 2009, 08:06:41 AMgreat playing here.
i think this is your finest post to date.
i also think you should play more acoustic.not that there is anything wrong with the electric.
a great listen!
Tony J.
Thanks for the great encourgement.  I go through phases where I play a lot of acoustic then a lot of electric.  I find playing acoustic really helps with my electric playing (strengthens the hand, gets me using more than just pick all the time - hybrid picking, etc).  They are both good.  I just wish there was more time in the run of a week to play either  :D.  When I retire I am going to play at least 6 hours a day, that is my dream. 

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on February 26, 2009, 09:09:09 AMWhen I retire I am going to play at least 6 hours a day, that is my dream. 

It can be done before that. Providing you don't want any sleep!  :D

It's a good dream. I'd like that too  :)

tafka

i have retired.
Sunday 3rd November 1997

Tony J.

Bluesberry

Quote from: Witchita on February 26, 2009, 10:50:38 AMi have retired.
Sunday 3rd November 1997

Tony J.
So that means you play 6 or more hours a day then Tony?

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

tafka

ah no.i am a "house husband"
and i have several interests.but come the summer i will drop the lot and park my ass on the sofa and watch us get our ashes back!!!!

Tony J.

SE

Fantastic guitar playing it really is your gift hope to here more of that acoustic it really is very atmospheric.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ferryman

Lovely job and as others have said, great acoustic playing. Nice to see you get inspiration and get it down so effectively.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR