Snow Day: Instrumental

Started by Bluesberry, February 24, 2009, 05:33:07 PM

Bluesberry

Snow Day
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here is an instrumental I did yesterday (finished it tonight) while home because of the snow storm.  This one started out mostly acoustic, but electric guitar got added along the way.  Let me know what you think. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Wiley

Wow,  I don't know what type of music you would call this. Sounded spanish in places.  Jumped around I Really liked it. Great job

mr2kewl

really like the way you juxtapose the two different guitar voices in this piece and then accented it with a ringing echo. cool piece.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Pedro

This is very cool. I like the beggining, especially.

Wraith

That´s a really nice song! I´ve never been in a snow storm, but this would surely be my soundtrack for it!

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: admin on February 24, 2009, 07:29:58 PMThis is very cool. I like the beggining, especially.

Same here. The beginning is really cool and almost reminded me of a Chris Thomas King lick. I don't know if you like singing, but you could lay a fierce lyric on here. Way to go man. Big blue ribbon.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

lg

Ok Bluesberry,

This piece is a showcase for your guitar skills, of which by the way
you abound, and I really dig your effects you used on the electric
lead parts!
But, let's step past the tech-stuff and talk about the piece itself...
Damn man, this piece is cool!
You gave me the feeling of a snow-day, of sitting inside my warm house, and staring dreamily out my window at the children with
their sleds, etc.
If you guys keep this up I'm gonna need a bigger mp3 player...LOL
I love your work!
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Greeny

First of all, you should be playing more acoustic guitar! We need to hear more like this from you. I love this to bits. The acoustic part has echoes of Nick Drake and Led Zep to me. Kind of a timeless, folky blues. The electric additions all work great, but the acoustic part is so good that it doesn't really need much else. This is a great piece of work - and your acoustic tone and playing are perfect. Gonna have another listen now...

Flash Harry

Enchanting. I got quite lost in this track. I do like it.

Thanks for posting it.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

guitarron

Quote from: Flash Harry on February 25, 2009, 02:55:11 AMEnchanting. I got quite lost in this track. I do like it.

my sentiments too -nice job

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder