Acoustic Effect

Started by vincevince1976, February 24, 2009, 09:11:55 AM

tkofaith

Quote from: Greeny on February 25, 2009, 09:46:17 AMI record through GTR and MIC at the same time. Just press the GTR and MIC input buttons at the same time. If it works, a '+' will appear between them.

I then change the GTR effect to 'BassCrunch1' and the MIC to 'Onboard1'. I only use a little of the guitar signal, so turn down the volume on the your guitar and / or via the input volume wheel. Mixing it like this gives you a natural acoustic sound along with some added electo depth. Try it!  :)

I never would have thought of that...I'll give it a try!  Thanks!
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: tkofaith on February 25, 2009, 10:46:40 AMI never would have thought of that...I'll give it a try!  Thanks!

No kidding! What an idea. I want to try this too. Thanks!
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

tkofaith

Quote from: AlchemyMN on February 24, 2009, 06:33:11 PMI usually use the JC-120 or Clean amp, then adjust the EQ to my liking (depends on guitar and finger vs pick), then add a touch of delay and or chorus.  So just editing GT01 SuperClean will get you some cool tone.  When I record the acoustic I also turn on the mic with SENS=+4-8, REV=5-8.

Thanks AlchemyMN!  Are you recording through the Guitar In or the Mic?  I'll give this a shot too!
Cheers!

Tim

--Eric Clapton

Greeny

My new electro-acoustic has B-Band pick-ups rather than the more traditional Piezo ones. I haven't played live or recorded with it yet, but I'm interested to hear what the difference is.

AlchemyMN

Quote from: tkofaith on February 27, 2009, 07:46:50 AM
Quote from: AlchemyMN on February 24, 2009, 06:33:11 PMI usually use the JC-120 or Clean amp, then adjust the EQ to my liking (depends on guitar and finger vs pick), then add a touch of delay and or chorus.  So just editing GT01 SuperClean will get you some cool tone.  When I record the acoustic I also turn on the mic with SENS=+4-8, REV=5-8.

Thanks AlchemyMN!  Are you recording through the Guitar In or the Mic?  I'll give this a shot too!

Both, just like Greeny suggested - I put the setting in my note above.  I always capture the mic and gtr inputs when I record acoustic guitar for a mult-track projects.  For capturing vocals and guitar live, I just use the mic and that works fine for this type of recording.

I haven't tried Greeny's settings yet, but I expect the results to be very similar, depending on the guitar being used.  It's all about balance between gtr in and mic plus the EQ.

I'll post a BR effects list that I use for various acoustic sounds in a separate post.

AlchemyMN

Quote from: Greeny on February 27, 2009, 08:13:08 AMMy new electro-acoustic has B-Band pick-ups rather than the more traditional Piezo ones. I haven't played live or recorded with it yet, but I'm interested to hear what the difference is.

I think you will like the B-band sound.  Probably have to EQ differently, but should have less of that piezo quack.

Does yours have the B-band electret plus mic (dual source, blender) or just the electret?

tkofaith

Quote from: AlchemyMN on February 27, 2009, 11:09:49 AMI'll post a BR effects list that I use for various acoustic sounds in a separate post.

Cool, I'll keep an eye out!
Cheers!

Tim

--Eric Clapton

Greeny

Quote from: AlchemyMN on February 27, 2009, 11:09:49 AM
Quote from: Greeny on February 27, 2009, 08:13:08 AMMy new electro-acoustic has B-Band pick-ups rather than the more traditional Piezo ones. I haven't played live or recorded with it yet, but I'm interested to hear what the difference is.

I think you will like the B-band sound.  Probably have to EQ differently, but should have less of that piezo quack.

Does yours have the B-band electret plus mic (dual source, blender) or just the electret?

Just the electret... I think! Lol