harmonicas ?????

Started by Oldrottenhead, July 11, 2013, 07:36:54 AM

ODH

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 11, 2013, 07:36:54 AMi was thinking of getting a harmonica

Are you lining up a cover of Karma Chameleon?

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Oldrottenhead

dear no................ just looking to add more colours to my palette
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

Jim, get the standard keys you would normally play in such as E, G, A, C, and D. Those should cover most songs or chords. The general rule when playing to a blues progression like E you would use a A harp. G a C harp, D a G harp, A a D harp, and B an E harp. But there exceptions to the rule, lol. Someone suggested getting an inexpensive set of 7 which can be had for about $20 with a nifty case. That's a great way to go. Some of my favorite harmonica performances have been on $2 and $3 harps. The cheapos do sound good but they don't last as long.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Hook

Yea brother, go with a set, I got a cheap set of Honner harps https://www.google.com/shopping/product/11246435637499517614?q=hohner+harmonica+set&client=firefox-a&hs=v20&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48705608,d.dmg&biw=1024&bih=633&tch=1&ech=1&psi=MFHhUfa2KbTk4AOMhIH4CQ.1373720882568.3&sa=X&ei=OVHhUYrqAa6o4AOzpIGwBA&ved=0CJ0BEPMCMAI
 on sale for like $20 bucks. The thing of course is practicing and learning how to bend the notes (I have done neither!), bending is so important in making it sound interesting. Luckily a harp will fit in your pocket with your mbr so you can practice anywhere!
Let the arsenal grow ON!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely