Back to the 80's ....

Started by Greeny, July 11, 2013, 03:49:00 AM

Greeny

Went to see The Human League last night, supported by Howard Jones.  

They were both amazing. A real nostalgia fest and middle-aged singalong! 'Being Boiled' was a special highlight. Oh... and 'Sound of the Crowd', 'Seconds', 'Keep Feeling Fascination' and 'Love Action'  ;D  

iPhone pics (I was pretty close to the stage!)...

Facemask93

Love stuff like this & phone pics rock

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Hilary

Oh yeah, they are rocking the keytars - makes me want to resurrect my idea for a cover of Don't You Want Me Baby!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

OK I'm jealous, human league one of my favourites of all time and I always wanted to look like Phil Oakley........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hilary

Quote from: Willie Wendon on July 11, 2013, 01:10:06 PMOK I'm jealous, human league one of my favourites of all time and I always wanted to look like Phil Oakley........Willie

Lucky escape there Willie - I wanted to look like Jacqueline Pearce from Blake 7 . . .

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Tangled Wires

Nice one, can't beat a bit of nostalgia every now and again

Does Howard Jones still have that guy with the chains dancing with him?

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: Tangled Wires on July 11, 2013, 01:44:10 PMDoes Howard Jones still have that guy with the chains dancing with him?

No... Jed is off the scene now. I last saw Howard in 1986 and got his autograph afterwards. I felt sorry for Jed who was hanging round the stage door with him but got ignored!

He put on an incredible show. Just a really talented, likeable guy who seemed to really be enjoying himself.

ODH

Looks like a great night, like to have seen that myself. 

I always think if I was a couple of years younger I would have been a synth player but I'd already thrown in my lot with the guitar by 1980.  Now I am a closet synthist.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Burtog

I was more of a Howard Jones fan than Human League, I went to see Nik Kershaw a couple of years ago doing an acoustic set, that man is seriously talented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amD2G9Kuu10
recorder
Boss BR-800

Tangled Wires

Quote from: Burtog on July 14, 2013, 02:15:31 AMI was more of a Howard Jones fan than Human League, I went to see Nik Kershaw a couple of years ago doing an acoustic set, that man is seriously talented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amD2G9Kuu10

Superb!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR