"A day in the life" - Geir plays the Beatles LitLR

Started by Geir, July 01, 2013, 02:40:21 PM

henwrench

Again, it's the voice. THE voice. The VOICE. The voice. The voice.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

chunk

steelguitar

I always loved this song...
Amazingly musical performance live...
Superb voice, great rythm on acoustic and sound
I love your perfect personal rendition
Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Lurker

We played this live once.  When we'd finished, even the crickets were offering a polite sympathy clap.

I wish I could have heard your interpretation before we tried that debacle.  I wish I could have sung this song with your voice.

This was brilliant.  A sparse and true interpretation of a song known for its massive and intricate production.  If we ever try this tune again, we're going to listen to your version before we begin.

Bravo.  Thank you.

tom r

This is just great great. The guitar sounds so good what is it?
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Blooby

Quote from: Lurker on July 03, 2013, 08:18:07 AMWe played this live once.  When we'd finished, even the crickets were offering a polite sympathy clap.

There was an exuberant group adjacent to the stage the night we played this.  After the song, I asked how it was, and one guy said, "Err...well, it had a lot of energy."  I swear he must work with kids.

Nice job on this one.

Blooby

Geir

Thanx again for all your encouraging comments.

And Blooby and Lurker, I really would love to hear your version as well!!! You are some of my heroes here!
Quote from: tom r on July 12, 2013, 03:20:44 PMThis is just great great. The guitar sounds so good what is it?
That would be my Morgan acoustic, which is my main acoustic guitar. I really love the sound of it.

Look here for more details:
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=3396.0
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

cuthbert

Getting to this late, but wow-wow-WOW!

Stunning take, Geir - so spontaneous and love how you segued into the Macca part so perfectly. You make it sound easy, but I know it ain't. :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

jimlad38

Love the Beatles you done a great job great acoustic guitar sound and vox

Ted

I never would have thought this song would make such a great stripped-down, solo-acoustic piece. I reckon the right person needs to give it a try.

I like how you took care to recreate the British pronunciation of "sawr."
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac