Nervous Breakdown (Redler & Launched Original)

Started by launched, June 30, 2013, 06:08:18 PM

Farrell Jackson

I was taken in with the opening guitar chords. The subject might be nervous breakdown (didn't quite make out all the lyric) but the song has a real feel good vibe with the right amount of variation to keep it rockin' along. Good writing Kari and good vocals/bass Mark....I especially liked that little bass solo section. Well done duo!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Redler

Thanks for the comments, fellas! I wrote the music track in last September. It was "an instant tune". I used "anti chords", yeah they are sure chords, but I played them as power chords by using A and D strings on 9th and 11th fret. And D and G strings 11th, 13th and 15th fret. Chorus: E5, D5, Db5, B5. At first I played it on 115 bpm tempo, but then I realized that much faster tempo is needed for this. I think it is 140 bpm.

Rata mentioned Weezer. Thanks! I've listened them much ten years, ago. I'm sure there's subconscious influence in my head. :)

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Cool song, guys! As I was listening, it reminded me of someone but I couldn't place it. Then I read Rata-Tat-Tat's comment and realized it was probably Weezer I was thinking of. It does sound a lot like them. The smoothly-blended vocals are great. They remind me of the surf bands of the sixties.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Burtog

.....and so for the second time tonight I use the word MEGA, because it is truly mega-perfect guitar pop-rock.

8)
recorder
Boss BR-800

Rata-tat-tat

Kari... and ... Mark... I'm hooked on this tune. Such a different sound and it sucks you in... I can't decide wether it's the antichords u used Kari or Marks vox... both sides are so well done. Brilliant.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

andy casson

wow, great collab guys- Kari some superb songwriting and driving guitar riffs, and Mark, love the bass and your vox. I am very curoius about the lyrics (and Jims comments), so I have downloaded for further listens.... excellent!

Andy

SE

Been listening to this all week on my phone, just a magic tune, love the guitars and vox, will defo back for more!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

launched

You write awesome tunes Kari - I just wanted to remind the group of that when we meet next week! :)
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover