Check out this new instrument

Started by Speed Demon, June 28, 2013, 10:11:01 AM

Speed Demon

The Artiphon was invented by Mike Butera in Nashville. This multi-instrument is powered by an iPhone and can be played as a guitar, violin, bass or keyboard.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

64Guitars

Looks interesting. My only concern is its dependence on an iPhone. In ten years, for example, will the new iPhones fit in the instrument's dock? Hell, twenty years from now the iPhone might be obsolete and everyone will run apps on their watch instead. That might make the instrument useless. Although, if it has a standard midi out connector, I suppose you could run a cable from it to your computer or midi synth instead of using the iPhone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFgde_SHfQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqKj7GWhIOk

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 28, 2013, 01:56:42 PMLooks interesting. My only concern is its dependence on an iPhone. In ten years, for example, will the new iPhones fit in the instrument's dock? Hell, twenty years from now the iPhone might be obsolete and everyone will run apps on their watch instead.
I agree. That said, the design is really thought through. Both as a guitar, violin and bass it seems quite a good design.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Speed Demon

64G, that was my first concern about this instrument. Its longevity and usefulness over the years. I suppose one could dedicate an iPod for just this purpose but that is rather expensive, overall.

It does sound nice. I wonder if I could do a shredding passage on it.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.