Mastering Help

Started by holdempok, February 22, 2009, 10:18:03 AM

holdempok

When we started out yesterday we recorded 3 take of one song and 3 takes of another song all on one track. how cna I split the takes into 6 seperate songs.

I left a few pm's for ppl but they were right it should all be posted in the fourm.
Why don't we do it on the road?

64Guitars

You can split the songs on your Micro BR by using the Track Copy feature described on pages 53 to 55 of the Micro BR Manual, 3rd edition to copy each take to the start of a separate track. First, you'll need to scan through your recording and take note of the exact start and end times (or measures) of each take, as you'll need to enter these as Track Copy parameters. In step 3 on page 53, you can specify a different destination track for each take. In step 4 on page 54, you can specify "00:00:00-0.00" or measure "001-1" for the "To" parameter so that the copied take will start at the beginning of the track.

An alternate way of splitting your takes is to export the entire track to a WAV file, then use Audacity to view it and split it at the appropriate points.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

holdempok

how do i export whole track into wav? do I have to master the whole thing?

64Guitars

No. You don't necessarily have to master to export. The procedure on page 112 of the manual describes how to export tracks to WAV or MP3 without mastering. Or, you can use the BR Wave Converter to export the tracks. The Wave Converter is faster and doesn't require any space on the memory card to store the converted tracks.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

holdempok

ok i am exporting my wave file now. wish me luck!

holdempok

the exporting to wav still takes the same time as mastering the whole song  right?

holdempok

guitarron

these 1 gig cards are way too small

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

holdempok

SIHT! THE LOGO VOICE IN ON ALL FROM AUDACITY!

holdempok

which audasity must i down load?