Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Started by BAG, February 22, 2009, 03:12:24 AM

BAG

SUN_ARVO
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's another little improv i put together this afternoon.
After putting together the rhythm and lead i noticed all the birds singing out in the backyard. I think it adds a little something although there is the odd bit of overbearing wind noise.

I must say i am enjoying this little unit. I probably don't have the time or inclination to really polish a project but it's still good fun playing around.

If anyone wants to add anything go for your life.

Just a roadie again.....

mr2kewl

bags!!!

this is a totally awesome piece. i'm sitting here on the Wisconsin border after a snowy cold walk to the end of my driveway to get the sunday paper.

your song with the birds in the background have moved me to a spot where all of the winter is not. incredibly peaceful piece. so much so, that i didn't read my paper. just drank my cup of coffee as i didn't want to disturb this moment with any depressing news.

thank you for the sunday morning retreat.
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Bro

The birds certainly suits that song :)!
Great job! Really love the thing you did with the background noises.
Nice playing also! Take care!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

The Reverend 48

We sometimes mistake complicated for good...IMO what makes this Perfect is the simplicity it is full of feeling and doesn't need anything else Well Done Bags!!! 8)

guitarron

nice relaxing piece-could hear a slide guitar in there

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BossMicroBRew

I really like this one. Good eye, squirrel, adding the birds in. Wish I could come up with meat like that by quick afternoon improvs. Anxious to hear your other stuff.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Wiley

Who would think to have recorded the birds. They really do add to the song.  Great job!

Ferryman

Lovely. My hearing's so bad I could hardly hear the birds, but they add to the feel. Check out some of TomH86's work on this site - he makes ambient noises a key part of his work and it really adds something.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

BAG

Thanks for the kind words folks. I'm glad it pushed away the winter for you for a few minutes mr2cool. I started to put some Djambe (drum) in it but couldn't get the feel i was after as the kids were in bed and i didn't want to wake them with hitting the rim as hard as i wanted.

Quote from: guitarron on February 22, 2009, 08:10:41 AMcould hear a slide guitar in there

I agree....unfortunately i can't slide. Might have to learn.

Quote from: BossMicroBRew on February 22, 2009, 09:22:16 AMAnxious to hear your other stuff.

There is no other stuff....  :D  You folks are hearing it as it happens.... :D
I've usually just played whatever feels good at the time.....sometimes a bit of rhythm and sometimes just plinking away on some lead. It's only since getting the BR that i have been putting some stuff together. Yesterday is the first time i've even written anything down so that i actually had an idea as to where i was going with it. Just jotted down the chords and then went from there.

It's only sice my daughter started playing that i have been learning proper songs for the first time in probably 10 years too. Between the MBR and her playing it's given my playing a new lease.
I can't remember how long it has been since i had to put down the guitar because i have played so long that my fingers hurt but after doing both girls lessons yesterday morning and then about an hour of recording in the afternoon my fingertips were knackered.

So to end this long-winded reply......thanks for the encouragement folks. It's appreciated.
Just a roadie again.....

lg

wow, what a beautiful - tranquil piece!
I cannot say anything that has not already been said by everyone else.
But, I just listened now for the 1st time and I love it!
LG

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!