The Annual Songcrafters Sampler Jukeboxes

Started by 64Guitars, June 23, 2013, 07:33:21 PM

64Guitars

Bluesberry's reminiscing of his posts from 2013 reminded me that it's time to start submitting our song choices for the Songcrafters Sampler 2013 jukebox.

Here's a reminder of the rules. Please be sure to follow them.

• There is no minimum post count, so all current members with one or more eligible songs can submit one.
  • Each member can submit only one song.
  • The song can be an original or a cover.
  • The song must be recorded and performed by you (and, optionally, other Songcrafters members) in the year of the jukebox and posted in that year as well. Songs including non-member performances, backing tracks, etc. will not be allowed as it's meant to be a sample of music performed by our members.
  • MP3 files hosted offsite are acceptable, but only if your post includes a direct link to the MP3 file. For example, alonetone is fine and (I think) SoundCloud. But some of the other popular music sites don't give you a direct link to the MP3 file. Instead, they only give you a link to a web page which contains a player for the song. If in doubt, post your song info here and I'll let you know if I can use it or not.
  • Submissions will be accepted only till the end of this year. Beginning January 1, 2014, only submissions for Songcrafters Sampler 2013 will be accepted. I've changed my mind on this one. I'll continue to accept submissions for 2008-2012 but only if you have not yet made a submission for those years. Submissions that have already been made for 2008-2012 will not be changed. That was my original intent when I made these rules. I think we all tend to change our minds about which of our songs we like best and I don't want to have to keep making changes to the jukeboxes. But I realize that some members might not have made their choices yet for 2008-2012 so I'll still accept those submissions.
  • We will probably do a CD at a later date based on the songs in the jukebox and member post counts for the year. For copyright reasons, we will only include original songs on the CD. So you might want to take that into account when selecting your song for the jukebox and choose an original rather than a cover.

To submit your song, post a message in this topic with the year of the jukebox (2008-2013), the song title and a link to the topic containing the song. If the topic contains more than one version of the song, be sure to state which version you want. Otherwise, I'll just take the version from the first message at the top of the topic.

You can submit a song for each year that you were a member, up to and including 2013. If you posted a song in Dec 2007 (when the site began), you can submit it as your 2008 entry if you like.

A few people submitted a song for 2013 last year even tough the year was not over and there was no 2013 Sampler jukebox. Since I don't know if you still want the same song (you might have posted something else since then that you prefer), please post your 2013 choice again, even if you still want to choose the same song.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

T.C. Elliott

recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Picker

Hey, can I put this in for the Jukebox?

2013 - Don't Let Me Drown - https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=20148.0

Also, are there previous year jukeboxes that I can listen to?
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

all the jukeboxes are here https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?action=festival;sa=Sampler_2008 you can link directly from the front page by clicking the samplers ikon.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Picker

recorder
Boss BR-800

ODH

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

henwrench

for the box...

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=18616.0

thanks

henwrench