The Annual Songcrafters Sampler Jukeboxes

Started by 64Guitars, June 23, 2013, 07:33:21 PM

T.C. Elliott

Is it possible to have one huge sampler jukebox of all the sampler songs? Just wondering.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

64Guitars

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on July 01, 2013, 06:47:54 PMIs it possible to have one huge sampler jukebox of all the sampler songs? Just wondering.

It's possible, though I don't think it would be a good idea. The way it is now, nobody has more than one song in each jukebox. If I put them all in one jukebox, some people would have 5 songs (even more in the future) while others might only have 1 or 2. Also, this is meant to be an ongoing annual thing, so it makes sense to me to have one for each year. And I think it's kind of nice to look back on a specific year and reminisce about the music that was posted that year. This might be even more interesting a few years down the road, when people will be able to listen to the music that was posted the year they joined Songcrafters, for example, and reminisce.

If you meant that you'd like to have one master jukebox as well as the individual years, that would be too much work for me as I'd have to update two jukeboxes for each song. I don't want to double my workload.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but I added a menu to each jukebox (between the banner and the player) which contains a link for each year. So you can instantly switch from one year to another without going back to the index page. In fact, I've been thinking of doing away with the index page and just having the button at the top of the page link directly to the 2008 jukebox. Since it's so easy to switch years, I don't think there'd be much of an advantage to having all of the songs in one jukebox.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

T.C. Elliott

Yeah, I meant both the yearly jukes and a master juke. I'm perfectly happy with what we have and will be more happy if songs continue to be added to them.

I like the master list, but I agree completely it's not needed with a link for each jukebox on each page. I really enjoyed going back and looking at the songs I posted which I probably wouldn't have done otherwise. And it's fun listening to what others choose for themselves.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

64Guitars

Quote from: LESTG on July 28, 2013, 04:41:02 PM2008 On My Own
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=2807

That one was posted on May 14, 2009 and it says it's a repost. So I used this one from 2008 instead for the 2008 Sampler jukebox. I hope that's okay:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=580.msg3564#msg3564

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

galestermusic

Very well 64G I couldn't find it. but I knew we did it in 2008. I lost it on a computer I believe and wiped it from the MBR