Open Mikes, Local Music scenes and Politics

Started by bruno, June 22, 2013, 04:57:07 PM

Hilary

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 23, 2013, 06:19:12 PMgo for it, let me know when, if i can get through i'll come and heckle you like a guid un  ;D ;D

that would be so cool :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hook

Sorry to hear about all that nonsense bruno, Mazz is a great singer , someone's got their head up their ass! There has been a lot of arguing recently on the local craigslist here in Tampa about the open mics taking work away from the professional musicians around town, bunch of nonsense if you ask me. There are quite a few open mics around town every week and so it shouldn't be a problem for us to hit one or more. I'm hoping for more of a showcase for us. There is a songwriters night I've performed at before hosted by a dj on a local community radio station http://www.wmnf.org/ at a small bar/coffee house in Tampa and I'm hoping I can get us a showcase. They have 3 artists or bands perform for around 30 or 40 minutes and I'm hoping to get us a spot. No guarantees but it's quite possible if your up for it brother.
Will certainly keep you in the loop blooby!!! & i hope to have songs & videos out the ass to post! I can't wait to actually shake hands, meet your family, share a beer and jam!

Haylie, hope you knock em' dead! ( or maybe just make them laugh)

Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bruno

Quote from: Hook on June 23, 2013, 09:15:04 PMThere is a songwriters night I've performed at before hosted by a dj on a local community radio station http://www.wmnf.org/ at a small bar/coffee house in Tampa and I'm hoping I can get us a showcase. They have 3 artists or bands perform for around 30 or 40 minutes and I'm hoping to get us a spot. No guarantees but it's quite possible if your up for it brother.

Am worried now - I better start practicing  :o :o :o :o

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: bruno on June 23, 2013, 01:34:46 AMDaughter Mazz really wanted to play, but she was told (last year this is) - that you and your dad are not good enough. Only found this out in the last week or so. Now, I've broad enough shoulders,  but it destroyed Mazz's confidence (at 17) - to the point that she hasn't performed since. 

So - there it is - I've had my fill - and have bailed from the Basingstoke music scene. Oh god, I've turned into a primadonna  ;D ;D ;D ;D

B

Please do tell Mazz that her voice is nothing to be ashamed of... Quite the opposite really. I think she has a beautiful voice and should sing from the hill tops whenever she gets a chance. I really wish they would've chosen better words to Mazz... rather than saying you're not good enough... how about you aren't the right type of music for our atmosphere.... This place isn't worthy of you and Mazz... go find another venue to play... a place that will greet you with open arms. I would surely enjoy watching the two of you perform.... Those of us that appreciate actual music and actual instruments being played... well I'm afraid we might be a dying breed.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

bruno

To all - I showed Mazz all your comments - and she's really very touched. She said to me that the songcrafter's people 'get' that its about the music, and that is very true.
:-)

recorder
Boss BR-1600