I Try to See - andy casson

Started by andy casson, June 16, 2013, 02:04:04 AM

Oh boy, you've captured the feeling with this one, I am redundant as of this coming thursdau 20th. Fortunately I don't have to worry but there is still the persona non grata at times like this. The song, brilliant ?........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

cuthbert

So many moving parts, and all fitting together perfectly and running like a fine Swiss watch. The sense of despair comes through - if it's happening to you now, I hope things look up soon.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Tangled Wires

I may be wrong Andy, but I am guessing you might be a bit of an Elbow fan, as your songs have that tense building quality that a lot of their tunes have.

Particularly liked the dual vocals at various times throughout and how the tension rises throughout and culminates with that brilliant guitar outro,

Another epic chorus too, you just keep coming up with them!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Burtog

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

This is beyond good - you have gone to another level here andy, If I could write a tune like that I'd be so proud.

You sang it like you really meant it.

Awesome, totally awesome!!

9{}
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

This is brilliant brother, so deep & thick, what an incredible mood you've created! Your vocals are outstanding on this  and that guitar solo is the bomb!!!
Rock the $%&* On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

andy casson

Thanks very much to you all, for the great comments and encouragement, honestly I don't know how I wrote a song that seems to have gone beyond my wildest expectations... I wonder around the kitchen with my acoustic playing the chords and trying out words and phonetics....oh well until something plausible happens, then I start recording and see where it goes.... I will say it's driven from personal experience, and I watched my dad be made redundant 3 times in his working life, and it seemed to take something away from him. I am also seeing friends and relations really struggling day to day and week by week financially, with seemingly no way out, it was all that I was trying to get across. Glad you all like it, and Willie my thoughts are with you!
andy

kenny mac

Wow ,I don't know how I missed this but tod put me onto it,I is a perfect song and the lyrics ars so heartfelt ,even the guitar seems to be weeping at the end.
Well done andy ,it's a belter .

thetworegs

Missed this first time round it's a cracker......Bravo ;D

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

launched

Wait for it, wait for it... Ahhhh, awesome guitar solo!

Loved the tune, you never fail to please.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover