Extreme disappointment at the public embarrassment of having my post which was n

Started by Oldrottenhead, June 12, 2013, 01:44:31 PM

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Vaisvil on June 12, 2013, 01:13:57 PMFor the record I did like the song but I didn't need 64Gs to say it for me.

Extreme disappointment at the public embarrassment of having my post which was not rude, profane or untrue edited.

Thanks for the true spirit of SC

It is very rare that admin have to edit a thread, when we do, it is usually to fix a broken link, add lyrics, usually something to help. Very rarely do we have to edit our member's actual posts.
In the link below we edited a post.
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=15493.0

We made the decision to edit this post.

Quote from: Vaisvil on June 12, 2013, 10:34:05 AMI like the song but Hook I am confused when you complain about people saying thank you to comments on their posts
and here you bump a post from a year ago?

Isn't that sort pushing your musical taste on everyone else at SC???

Signed

Confused by a forum conundrum.

The poster was angered that we edited this. Hence the title of this thread.
I think we made the correct decision.

Oldrottenhead on behalf of the admin team

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

I once made the faux pas of ordering a double scotch on a British Airways flight to Stockholm at 8.30am - THAT was embarrassing! I did get one despite their disapproval ha ha

64Guitars

Quote from: Vaisvil on June 12, 2013, 01:13:57 PMFor the record I did like the song but I didn't need 64Gs to say it for me.

For the record, I didn't say anything for him. I merely deleted the unacceptable flame war bait after his first four words, as you can see in the quote of the original message at the top of this topic. I don't think that sort of thing should be tolerated at Songcrafters. And, in case a few disagree, I hope we can all agree that it doesn't belong in Tod's song post! That sort of hijacking is unacceptable.

I was about to send Vaisvil a PM to explain why I edited his post, but he deleted his own account before I got a chance to do so.

Quote from: Vaisvil on June 12, 2013, 01:13:57 PMExtreme disappointment at the public embarrassment of having my post which was not rude, profane or untrue edited.

Not rude? Hijacking someone's song post to incite a flame war is extremely rude and won't be tolerated.

Quote from: Vaisvil on June 12, 2013, 01:13:57 PMThanks for the true spirit of SC

Most of our members know exactly what the true spirit of Songcrafters is. You obviously do not.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Burtog

Quote from: Greeny on June 12, 2013, 02:16:32 PMI once made the faux pas of ordering a double scotch on a British Airways flight to Stockholm at 8.30am - THAT was embarrassing! I did get one despite their disapproval ha ha

You should never fly without a drink!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 12, 2013, 02:18:18 PM

For the record, I didn't say anything for him. I merely deleted the unacceptable flame war bait after his first four words, as you can see in the quote of the original message at the top of this topic. I don't think that sort of thing should be tolerated at Songcrafters. And, in case a few disagree, I hope we can all agree that it doesn't belong in Tod's song post! That sort of hijacking is unacceptable.

I was about to send Vaisvil a PM to explain why I edited his post, but he deleted his own account before I got a chance to do so.

Quote from: Vaisvil on June 12, 2013, 01:13:57 PMExtreme disappointment at the public embarrassment of having my post which was not rude, profane or untrue edited.

Not rude? Hijacking someone's song post to incite a flame war is extremely rude and won't be tolerated.

Quote from: Vaisvil on June 12, 2013, 01:13:57 PMThanks for the true spirit of SC

Most of our members know exactly what the true spirit of Songcrafters is. You obviously do not.

For the record from me... It wasn't  the fact that someone decided to hijack my thread, but more that the individual can't seem to let it go... especially comming after one of my fav collaboration partners who was merely trying to show me some luv. That aint right!!! Childish.... grow up!!! It was a great bump and now that song really has some meaning!!!

and thanks Tim and Burtog for lightening the mood ... cause my heart was about to explode.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Hook

A screwdriver really would be a little more appropriate at 8:30am, or maybe a bloody mary...i don't know how about a beer bong...

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: Hook on June 12, 2013, 03:35:08 PMA screwdriver really would be a little more appropriate at 8:30am, or maybe a bloody mary...i don't know how about a beer bong...
It's a shame you can't smoke beer bongs on planes anymore!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Greeny

Some things just aren't worth getting upset about. There are several songcrafters here who have had tragedies in the not so distant past that would have made most people crumble. But they have shown a strength and resolve that make my work and day to say issues seem self indulgent and trivial. I have love, friendship and music, and for that I'm truly grateful. And I wish that for everyone. Plus the health and time to enjoy them to the full. Now where's my telecaster...

bruno

I am saddened. This all started with a simple comment and ended up exploding. Tod and Hook are my buddies on SG - they are in my opinion talented and decent human beings and proud to call them my friends (despite the distance and so having never met .... yet). Chris's clear flaming of Hook was a clear dig as overspill from the recent thread - on which, I really didn't understand where all this angst came from. It was a simple question and simple discussion. I believe totally that the moderators behaved completely properly. I think that when Chris sits back and really thinks about it, he may come to the same conclusion. Having a difference of opinion is one thing, but that comment was out side the clear etiquette of this site.

That said, I am saddened that Chris has decided to walk away. He has been one of the most different composers/musicians on this site, taking risks - sometimes difficult to listen to, sometimes fantastic. I guess that sometimes the way the cookie crumbles ....

Peace and Love.... and some alcohol. Hic.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600