Peavey Milestone 12 String

Started by Vaisvil, June 09, 2013, 03:41:07 PM

Vaisvil

The original owner bought this in '88 - the paperwork was still in the case. I've been setting it up - it has a truss rod, tilting neck and of course adjustable bridge. I'm really loving it. I bought it used at Sam Ash for $259 with case. The thing new, in the 80's was $600+ so Ash way under priced this.

I hope you can see the photo.

Also it has the ability to change the humbuckers into single coil and throw them in and out of phase. I love this guitar. It mostly erased my jones for a Taylor Electric 12 string.

phantasm777

are you going to keep this in 12, or refret it eventually for other tunings?

Vaisvil

Probably 12

I bought a <$100 12 string acoustic that will be a 19 or 22 note per octave.

This has a neck I don't want to mess with since it has so many options.

phantasm777

cool man i cannot wait till the day, you are ready and willing to do - the song remains the same!

AndyR

Woo! That looks like a nice score...

Quote from: phantasm777 on June 10, 2013, 07:50:30 PMcool man i cannot wait till the day, you are ready and willing to do - the song remains the same!

:D :D :D :D

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Blooby

That looks awesome.  Didn't even know Peavey ever produced a 12 string.  I am anxious to hear it.

Blooby

phantasm777

that is one of the few 12 strings that doesn't at first glance look like a 12-er, if is so sleek it looks like a 6-er.

Vaisvil

Hi Blooby - look up my recent posts of Pictures of Match Stick Men (and Frank's version) as well as Clay Into Glass

though this guitar has amazing tone capabilities. I've only started to explore it.

some tech info  http://www.peavey.com/media/pdf/manuals/80300501.pdf

and a owner post http://alt.guitar.narkive.com/MWaCYqJa/peavey-milestone-12-string