Thin Ice

Started by Vaisvil, June 07, 2013, 07:39:39 PM

Vaisvil

Thanks to Christiane Offenbar

Time:
0:00
Volume:

You want details?
http://chrisvaisvil.com/thin-ice-for-alto-female-choir-harp-and-percussion-in-adaptive-ji-16-edo-and-8-edo/

Hook

Uber cool brother! I dig the vocals, a buddy of mine in Richmond VA played in a micro-tonal  rockish band with a female vocalist and it was some crazy shit. This is crazy too but also beautiful & compelling.
Compose On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Vaisvil

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hi Chris, I find this vaguely disturbing. I rarely expect an easy listen from you and this was no exception. But it aroused an emotion which is all I've ever asked from my music, whether it be fear, shock or just sheer pleasure, if it doesn't arouse something it's of no use to me. This works.........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Burtog

I found this kind of difficult to listen to but it pulled me in....................................and then when it finished I just spent 5 mins staring at my laptop screen.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Vaisvil

Willie, I'm on the same page with you.

And Burtog that I take as a great compliment. As Willie said a composer's job is to communicate - it doesn't matter quite what because music is *so* personal its hard if you start saying anything complex what the listener will perceive.

Rata-tat-tat

This could be a back for a Harry Potter movie for sure. Very cool. LOVE IT!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02