"Rolling In The Deep" by Kayla

Started by BAG, June 04, 2013, 06:40:54 AM

BAG

Hi All,

Here's the latest video of Kayla, this time performing Adele's "Rolling in the Deep". She's added some percussion to her gigs these day's with a Woodskin cajon. It's made by an Aussie bloke who has added a kick and snare pedal so that the cajon can be played traditionally with the hands and also with the pedals. Unfortunately the sound doesn't pick up the kick sound too well (sounded great live!!! you'll just have to trust me....) I also recorded it with the MicroBR which picked up the kick better but also picked up a LOT of background chatter and noise. Any advice for live recording with the MicroBR would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

BAG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mASjqMFAEWc

The girls have also been doing some busking lately and earning decent money (how does $150 in less than two hours sound for a 12 and 9 year old  :o). Here's one song from their last effort which i get to play on as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDOhHJvBj-8
Just a roadie again.....

Facemask93

Really cool guys , loved every minute of both videos , you have come on leaps and bounds

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Tangled Wires

Very cool videos, your girls progress over the past few years has been a joy to witness.

Even the yelping dog at the start of the second video didn't phase any of you :D

recorder
Boss Micro BR

BAG

Quote from: Tangled Wires on June 04, 2013, 12:21:40 PMEven the yelping dog at the start of the second video didn't phase any of you :D

That was funny...... there were two small dogs doing the ass-sniffing thing when one turned on the other and sank it's teeth into the hind quarters. The bitten dog ran away. It looked like the biting dog got it's tooth caught in the other dogs hair/skin and got dragged along for the ride.

If you look at the vid again you'll see that little Maddie did jump a bit......but she didn't miss a beat. She even managed to come back in right on cue after opening the guitar case again.
Just a roadie again.....

Tangled Wires

Quote from: BAG on June 05, 2013, 01:07:26 AM
Quote from: Tangled Wires on June 04, 2013, 12:21:40 PMEven the yelping dog at the start of the second video didn't phase any of you :D

If you look at the vid again you'll see that little Maddie did jump a bit......but she didn't miss a beat. She even managed to come back in right on cue after opening the guitar case again.

I noticed that...what a professional! ;D

recorder
Boss Micro BR