Card Read Error and other assorted problems (or should I say "opportunities")

Started by Vanncad, June 03, 2013, 08:10:53 PM

Vanncad

Problem #1 - Card Read Error

Well I finally get around to recording a song and I get the dreaded "Card Read error".
It was the first time I ever tried importing a drum track from Hydrogen (I'll get back to that in a minute), so I think the problem may stem from that.
It worked at first, but when I edited the track and re-imported it, that's when I got the error.

Anyways - the song is still there, but I cannot access any of the tracks.
Is there any way to use one of the utilities to retrieve the good tracks from the song - or  do I need to start from scratch?

Problem #2 - Hydrogen Drum Track Volume

I built a drum track in Hydrogen (yay - I really like the program). I am using on Windows Vista platform (I know - I'm old-school, I can't help it  ;D)
I am getting intermittent sound problems (i.e, some drum hits not registering, skipping, etc.), but my main problem is the lack of volume.

When I import the track into my BR600 - the drum volume is really low, and I have to crank the master and track sliders just to keep up with the rest of the instruments.
I set the levels in Hydrogen to the point where there just below distorting so I think they should be plenty loud enough.

I don't have any fancy-pantsy interface or mixer or anything.
I create the drum track in Hydrogen, and then export as wav and import into BR600.

I have heard some great hydrogen drums on this site, but I'm not having the same success.
Might have to revert back to the Rhythm Editor  :'(

Any tips?

Thanks!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

64Guitars

Quote from: Vanncad on June 03, 2013, 08:10:53 PMIs there any way to use one of the utilities to retrieve the good tracks from the song - or  do I need to start from scratch?

Take the card out of the BR and put it in a USB card reader attached to your computer (or, if your computer has built-in memory card slots, use that). Then use BR Wave Converter to export all of the tracks that you want. Now create a new, empty song on the BR (preferably, using a different memory card if you have one), and import the WAV files into the song. Hopefully, you'll then be able to resume working on the song where you left off.

Quote from: Vanncad on June 03, 2013, 08:10:53 PMProblem #2 - Hydrogen Drum Track Volume

I'm not sure about this one since I've never had that problem. How does the WAV file from Hydrogen look in Audacity? Here's one of mine:

The levels aren't as high as they could be but they're more than adequate. I've never had a problem with them once imported to the BR.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Vanncad

Thanks 64 - will try the re-import method you suggest.

Re: Hydrogen. My WAV file looks similar in Audacity. Maybe it's just my ears? Too many Marshall lullabyes over the years.

Thanks again for the help and quick response!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover