Sex Dinosaur Live - Youtube Video

Started by bruno, May 30, 2013, 12:13:04 PM

bruno

Decided to have a practice run at a local open mike - did a couple of tracks. Been a while since I've played live - it was fun. Was surprised at the new(??) middle 8 - wasn't expecting that, the joys of playing live  ;D ;D ;D

Haylie played - it was killer! No vid of that though.

This Vid taken by Mazz on her iPod, hence the odd aspect ratio :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_RGR2wZUUk

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hilary

Quote from: bruno on May 30, 2013, 12:13:04 PMHaylie played - it was killer! No vid of that though.

thank the Lord  :o :o :o (mine was a warm-up for Sunday too)
You were fab last night and went down really well (I did catch it, I was standing at the back) - nice one boys!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Tangled Wires

Really really liked this when I heard it the other day, and wondered how you would pull it off as a duo live. It sounds absolutely killer...superb performance from you both.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

Thanks the the comments all - gig tomorrow. Probably be empty :-)
Anyway TG - we are using a Korg Micro-sampler, which allows loops, samples and midi control for the Shruthi (mono synth, with on board sequencer) - which gives a solid backdrop for guitars and Vox. We stick out like a saw thumb with all the acoustic singer/acoustic guitars in the open mikes - oh well! :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hilary

Quote from: bruno on June 01, 2013, 11:00:20 AMWe stick out like a saw thumb with all the acoustic singer/acoustic guitars in the open mikes - oh well! :-)
B

au contraire - you shine like a beacon of hope - break a leg for tomozza :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Tangled Wires

Quote from: Hilary on June 01, 2013, 11:21:08 AM
Quote from: bruno on June 01, 2013, 11:00:20 AMWe stick out like a saw thumb with all the acoustic singer/acoustic guitars in the open mikes - oh well! :-)
B

au contraire - you shine like a beacon of hope - break a leg for tomozza :D

I completely agree, and interesting to read what you use for your set-up

recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

Thanks for the comments. We shall see how tomorrow goes. Have the final track sorted for tomorrow - 8 bit rock n' roll. Johnny Be Goode meets the Mario Brothers. Very glitchy version, kind of Super Mario Berry. Should be interesting, however we may be chased out of the pub for such heresy ;D ;D ;D
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600