Acoustic Improv

Started by BAG, February 20, 2009, 10:18:54 PM

BAG

G_1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Well........ I finally got a 30 mins with the kids out of the house so i thought i'd quickly throw together a bit of an acoustic improvisation using the external mic i bought.

One thing i have now learned is that the external mic is very sensitive and that i need to bring down the level of the metronome. In the quieter parts you can still hear it. Either that or i use my little in ear headphones instead of my soft sennheiser's.

Anyway......it's nothing serious, i'd just like some critique on the recording more than anything.

Just a roadie again.....

Kody

It's that simple! (clap, clap, clap) I love it man- anything's possible! Sounded great through these cheap, Gateway speakers... 8)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

mr2kewl

very mellow and soothing sound you got with the mic. nice guitar work as well.

and, i might add, i now see the tree that the acorn has fallen from.
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

The Reverend 48

I'm no recording master but it sounded great to me 8)

Blooby

Very enjoyable.  Nice Sunday evening music before the work week. 

I'm curious how much internal reverb there is vs. the room.  I'm also curious how far away the mic was from the sound hole.

Peace.

Blooby

Wiley

There is nothing like the sound of an acoustic well played. Great job!! And you just threw it together.  How do you do that?

BossMicroBRew

Yeah, the mellow feel is superb. Just curious whjat external mic you were using, sound spretty good.

Some vox would sound awesome with this... Acoustick_NE???
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

BAG

Quote from: Blooby on February 21, 2009, 07:04:33 AMI'm curious how much internal reverb there is vs. the room.  I'm also curious how far away the mic was from the sound hole.

Virtually zero natural reverb, if i remember correctly there was about 60 on the lead and 15 or so on the 12 string rhythm.

Quote from: BossMicroBRew on February 21, 2009, 10:58:47 AMYeah, the mellow feel is superb. Just curious whjat external mic you were using, sound spretty good.

I used a Sony ECM-DS70P as recommended on this site and had it around 6in from the guitar sound hole. As mentioned it is extremely sensitive and the quality is great for the price. I paid AUS$16 delivered off Ebay.
I was thinking of getting down the beach for some sounds as i could imagine some wave sounds at the start of this piece.

Quote from: BossMicroBRew on February 21, 2009, 10:58:47 AMSome vox would sound awesome with this... Acoustick_NE???
Give me a chance to put it together properly as it still needs a lot of work but i'd love to hear some lyrics put to it eventually.
Just a roadie again.....

Ferryman

Very nice indeed. Recording sounds pretty good to me. Impressive what you can do with this thing.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR