Downloading Songcrafters mp3 files to my iPhone

Started by ODH, May 26, 2013, 09:51:33 AM

ODH

Does anyone know how to download mp3s from here to my iPhone?

When I hit download it just plays the file.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Gnasty

I don`t think it can be done, but if it can that be cool, but if it can`t, blame Steve Jobs!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

64Guitars

Right-click on the MP3 attachment and select "Download Linked File" or "Download Linked File As..." from the context menu.

The above screenshot is from Safari 4.0.4 for Windows but the iOS version of Safari should have a similar context menu.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

ODH

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/mp3-music-downloader-free/id470101678?mt=8

Doesn't do that on iPhone. But I downloaded an app which I have used to do it. As above. Doesn't save to iTunes though.

Now I can put that Smiths covers playlist together.  :)
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Gnasty

Quote from: 64Guitars on May 26, 2013, 01:30:13 PMRight-click on the MP3 attachment and select "Download Linked File" or "Download Linked File As..." from the context menu.

Umm sorry but what do you mean right click? There`s no mouse on my phone to right click with..LMAO
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

Hey Nick, thanks for that mp3 download app. I much prefer it this way. Now i can just put Songcrafters songs on it. I really don`t care that it`s in ITunes. I loathe ITunes and this will organize it better too. The only thing is that when we have to upgrade our phones, we will lose them all.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

64Guitars

Quote from: Gnasty on May 26, 2013, 04:31:08 PM
Quote from: 64Guitars on May 26, 2013, 01:30:13 PMRight-click on the MP3 attachment and select "Download Linked File" or "Download Linked File As..." from the context menu.

Umm sorry but what do you mean right click? There`s no mouse on my phone to right click with..LMAO

http://www.ehow.com/how_6017854_right-iphone.html

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gnasty

Quotehttp://www.ehow.com/how_6017854_right-iphone.html

I talk on my phone more than smart with it. I'll have to check this out later again to see if itll work, I knew you were gonna post a link 64. :) thanks!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Oldrottenhead

that seems like too much bother furra right click phewck
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Speed Demon

If you've ever had iTunes refuse to load an mp3 file onto your iPhone/iPad, here is the way to make it do the right thing.

As part of Apple's way to drive the money into their bank account instead of ours, iTunes checks an mp3 file's ID3 Tag. If a commercial song/audiobook happens to be sold through Apple's music store, all is well. If it is not sold through Apple, CHOKE! No joy.
I couldn't even get iTunes to load my own music until I did the following:

After connecting your i-device and running iTunes, select every tune in the iTunes library
then right-click the mouse pointer on them and from the menu that pops up, select
Convert ID3 tags. Another small menu appears. The default ID3 tag setting is None.
Change it by selecting V2.3 and ok it.

You will see iTunes run through the selected files and reset their ID3 tags.
Now iTunes will load those songs onto your device without a hiccup.

You only need to do this if iTunes decides to play dumb and piss you off.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.