Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 14, 2013, 05:53:44 AMi have not succesfully done this on my pc, but i have with sd cards and cdr's, but the trick is to transfer only the MP3 and ROLAND folders, that way the br wav convertor will recognise it as br folders. i think when it is on a hard drive, the wav convertor cant disatinguish between all the different folders on your hard drive.

That's true when you're using the BR Wave Converter on its own because it expects the ROLAND folder to be in the root directory of the drive (memory card). However, if you launch the BR Wave Converter from BR Explorer using the WAV button, you can convert tracks from your backups to WAV files directly from the hard drive. The reason this works is because BR Explorer creates a virtual drive with the backup's ROLAND folder in its root directory so BR Wave Converter will recognize the backup. This virtual drive is created without copying any files, so there's no wasted disk space or anything to clean up after the conversions. It's all automatic, so it's very convenient.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

it is true you learn something new every day, and the day you stop learning they put you in a box.

i need to get me the br explorer. and learn how to use it. thank you again 64.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

VITZ

Ok I was able to get be explorer to see the files. Then I set the file paths for be explorer and br WAV converter. I tried using a flash drive for the br WAV exe program and sd card for all the be files. The br WAV converter is still looking for a memory card and does not see the files no matter where I put them. This is data base 101 so what could be on the Memory card that prevents the files from being seen? Hidden files, operating system, info br puts on the card during initialization? This is not life or death for me because I did export the important files from the mem card but did you ever just want to know? Thanks
Vitz

VITZ

Defaults to be I mean br explorer
Vitz

64Guitars

When you select a drive in BR Wave Converter, all of the following conditions must be met in order for the program to recognize that drive as a BR memory card.

• The drive must have a "ROLAND" folder in its root directory.
  • That "ROLAND" folder must contain a "BR0" folder.
  • That "BR0" folder must contain the file "DISKINF2.BR0" AND one or more "SONGxxxx.BR0" folders (where "xxxx" is a 4-digit number from "0000" to "9999").

If those conditions are not met, BR Wave Converter will display the error "Not BR series memory card."

If the "BR0" folder contains a valid "DISKINF2.BR0" file but no "SONGxxxx.BR0" folders, BR Wave Converter will display the error "Failed to read song list."

Additionally, each of the "SONGxxxx.BR0" folders must contain the following files:

• SONGINF2.BR0
  • TAKE_EVT.BR0

If the "SONGINF2.BR0" file is missing from all of the "SONGxxxx.BR0" folders, BR Wave Converter will display the error "No song".

If the "TAKE_EVT.BR0" file is missing, BR Wave Converter will display the error "Failed to read song."

The "SONGxxxx.BR0" folders may also contain the following files. Their absence will not immediately cause an error message to be displayed. However, some of the files may be necessary for a successful conversion to a WAV file. For example, "TAKE_DAT.BR0" contains the digital representation of the audio tracks, so it is definitely needed to create a WAV file.

• ARRANGE2.BR0
  • DRUMKIT.BR0
  • EFFECTS2.BR0
  • EFFECTS3.BR0
  • PATTERN.BR0
  • PITCHMAP.BR0
  • SOUND000.BR0
  • SOUND001.BR0
  • SOUND002.BR0
  • TAKE_DAT.BR0
  • TAKE_DT1.BR0
  • TAKE_DT2.BR0

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

VITZ

That should do it...thanks for all your help 9{}
Vitz

Geir

Just wanted to add that what 64G said means that you also can use your local hard drive (or any drive for that matter) as long as the folder/file structure is correct. I use a local Roland folder to which I copy my backups when I need to extract waves from old songs.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hook

I assume this is all the same if you've backed up onto cd. I recently sold my br900 :'( :'( >:( and I have stacks of cd back ups.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

Quote from: Hook on May 16, 2013, 06:53:13 PMI assume this is all the same if you've backed up onto cd. I recently sold my br900 :'( :'( >:( and I have stacks of cd back ups.

Yep. Just pop the CD in the drive, then open BR Explorer and browse to the desired backup folder on the CD. Then click the WAV button in BR Explorer which will launch BR Wave Converter with the correct drive already selected. All you have to do then is select the song from the drop-down list in BR Wave Converter, select the tracks you wish to convert, and click the "GO" button.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website