BR files on my PC

Started by VITZ, May 14, 2013, 05:25:10 AM

VITZ

I sold my BR900 but kept the BR files on my PC and want to make these files useful. I have noodled with BR Explorer but can't get the WAV button to light up. I am using Windows 7. Is there something I'm not getting? Thanks 
Vitz

Oldrottenhead

i back my files up to my pc from my micro br. i transfer everything on the sd card to a folder and date it that date. if i need to get to the wavs. i transfer the contents of the folder back to an empty sd card. there are two folders MP3 and ROLAND. i transfer these to folders to the sd card. then use the br wav editor to go through the individual songs and find and extract the wavs i want to my pc. i am sure someone can explain this better.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

IanR

To use BR files without a BR you must use the BR Wave Converter software to convert them to WAV files. 

ORH, can you convert BR files that have already been transferred from a BR to computer?  Or, do they have be on a BR to do the conversion?  I've only ever converted BR files to WAV files while the BR files are on the BR.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Oldrottenhead

i have not succesfully done this on my pc, but i have with sd cards and cdr's, but the trick is to transfer only the MP3 and ROLAND folders, that way the br wav convertor will recognise it as br folders. i think when it is on a hard drive, the wav convertor cant disatinguish between all the different folders on your hard drive.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

IanR

I get it.  So you transfer the BR folder back to an sd card and the BR wave converter thinks that its talking to a BR.  That's very clever.

So, VITZ, that should work.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Oldrottenhead

i am sure if you transfered just those folders to a usb stick with nothing else on it apart from those two folders the wav software would recognise that too.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

the main problem tho is if there are a lot of songs in the ROLAND folder and then trying to find the song you want.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

VITZ

Thank you legends and seniors. Now grasshopper will try the SD card method. Note I am talking about bro files in proprietary file format. They are not mp3's. Will follow up later. Thank you muchly
Vitz

Oldrottenhead

i keep the mp3 folder as i helps remind me which songs are in the bro files lol. you could probably get away with just transferring the roland folder to your sd card. but am not 100% sure on that.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: VITZ on May 14, 2013, 05:25:10 AMI sold my BR900 but kept the BR files on my PC and want to make these files useful. I have noodled with BR Explorer but can't get the WAV button to light up. I am using Windows 7. Is there something I'm not getting?

The WAV button in BR Explorer will be disabled if you haven't specified the correct path to the BR Wave Converter program in preferences. See the last paragraph under "Initial Settings" on the following page:

https://songcrafters.org/64guitars/BR/BRX/BRX_Help.html#InitialSettings

Once you've installed BR Wave Converter and entered the path to BRWC.EXE in BR Explorer's Preferences, you can click the WAV button to convert tracks from your backups into WAV files. You don't need to move your backups to an SD card as suggested. BR Explorer can convert them directly from where they reside on your hard drive.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website