Is is ok to post for sale out here? BOSS Micro

Started by onetondrumbum, February 19, 2009, 06:45:08 PM

Hi, I came back because I just wanted to thank those who sent me messages of support and apologizing for the rude unwelcome welcome I received. I appreciate the sentiments.

To the person who questioned why I chose this site to "flog" my Micro BR. This is the first community that comes up in Google doing a search for info on the BR. I've read most of the articles and information for the past few weeks and found it to be an excellent site, not only for the BR but for information on all the other micro recorders out there. But to get to the point. Everyone out here does not own a BR and there are many posts from interested people seeking info so obviously some might have been interested in getting one at a good price.

The first words I posted was whether or not it was ok to post for sale out here and that I didn't want to rock the boat, and if it was not cool I requested the administrator delete my thread.

Accusations of my posting being a possible scam are utter nonsense and completely unwarranted. I have (had) a brand new BR and ended up with a second hand Zoom that I got for peanuts and that I love so I came to a place specializing in micro recorders to see if anyone was interested in buying it.

To the person who brought up my ad on Harmony Central. Again, what is your point. I have the right to ask any price I wish. Whether or not I post the same asking price everywhere or not is none of your business. The postings on youtube are not me. I don't have a youtube account because as a songwriter I don't believe in supporting copyright infringement and most music posted there is just that.

I also emailed the owner/administrator a couple weeks ago to inform him he made a mistake in his review of the ZOOM H4 as well as to tell him what a great site he has. He has yet to correct the mistake, but he wrote me back thanking me for taking the time. Yeah, I guess me doing that was all just part of the plan to set someone up so I can "scam" them. ::)

Again, I thank those of you who took the time to message me and asked me to stick around. I've already learned a lot from this site and thank the owner for all the great info, but sticking around is not an option for me when doing so means dealing with people who do little  "investigations" and look for trouble, apparently because they have no life.

Take care all.

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Quotebut sticking around is not an option for me when doing so means dealing with people who do little  "investigations" and look for trouble, apparently because they have no life.
That is too funny, wow.  Talk about people who do little "investigations", the guy he is talking about has done so much to support this community and answer endless questions on all technical aspects of the MBR, he is a backbone member here, thank you.  Crazy stuff.  This site is for making music, posting music, listening to music, talking about music, thats it.  Keep on making music everyone.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

Bb has said it all ......
I would delete this post and get back to making music
I can't believe the guy got supportive messages off us........

guitarron

Quote from: onetondrumbum on February 20, 2009, 01:10:44 PMrude unwelcome welcome I received.

ironically, this is the most polite forum i've ever seen
we simply dont sell stuff here

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BossMicroBRew

"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

OsCKilO

Dog for Sale

Rare Algerian bear hound

(Famous for their Long legs,  and unique bark and Eating habits)

Name:- "Fluffy"
Enjoys Long walks
Fully house trained.
Good with Kids

Bought for £20 around 30 days ago.
Job Relocation forces Sale.

Asking Price

£700 ex VAT

Call 1800 555 5555

Recent Picture

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

IanR

I tend to agree that this thread was a bit rude.

I agree that we don't want to turn the site into an ebay but the treatment of the guy was a bit harsh.

I might have been a bit more humane to just give the guy a "no" to his original question and leave it at that.

If he's seen the photos of ORH's MRB I could understand why he might have thought there were customers on this site.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One