Maverick31

27 here, but feel a lot older.
"If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead."
-Layne Staley

scottieD

Just turned 40 on Jan. 16th! 8)

recorder
Boss BR-800
   Okay to cover...not sure why you'd want to though...

bannybassman

It seems I'm one of the youngest on this site, at only 15! No joke!  8)
I wonder how many of you can remember being 15...
 :D
"A guitarist spends half his life tuning, and the other half playing out of tune"

FuzzFace

15?  Nope.  Don't remember that one.

My memory begin at 16.

But that's normal, as most people don't remember their birth.

Maverick31

Quote from: bannybassman on February 02, 2010, 12:16:43 PMIt seems I'm one of the youngest on this site, at only 15! No joke!  8)
Shoot man, I can't really even remember that... too much drinkin'.
"If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead."
-Layne Staley

cuthbert

I think 0jimi0 is 15 now?

Me, 15 is a few decades back...but I remember it well. :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ferryman

Quote from: bannybassman on February 02, 2010, 12:16:43 PMIt seems I'm one of the youngest on this site, at only 15! No joke!  8)

You lucky s*d! I can remember it, just. I'm going to sound like an old git but you are sooo lucky to be 15 now! If like me you played "rock" in those days, you had nothing, no music shops (except in London), no Internet to learn everything from, no cheap gear (everything was very expensive) - I even built my own 2x12 speaker cabinet! Here's how I learned to play bass when I was 15 - by listening to this lot and copying their bass lines. I just loved the bass player in this band, plus I loved this band!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSAk1O0B6sg

BTW, just did a quick calc. I paid £50 for my first electric guitar in about 1973, an Avon Telecaster copy. I reckon that's about at least £400 in today's money. And you tell the young folk of today that and they won't believe you etc etc..................

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mach

Quote from: Ferryman on February 04, 2010, 01:38:11 PMno Internet to learn everything from, no cheap gear (everything was very expensive)
Pawn shops were my music stores and even then you had to put it on lay-away. Yeah we had to buy 45's (remember those) and slow 'em down to 33 1/3 to learn those fast licks, then you felt like you were on drugs from the sloooooowed doooooown madness...or was it drugs?
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Old enough to have to go through the whole d**n thread to find out if I had posted here already. ....

Quite a few chaps about my own age here tho ..... .... born in '63 ....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

IanR

Quote from: Geir on March 02, 2010, 08:35:19 AMQuite a few chaps about my own age here tho ..... .... born in '63 ....

1963 is THE year!!!!!

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One