Re Think....

Started by The Reverend 48, February 19, 2009, 07:37:09 AM

The Reverend 48

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I have been unhappy with my playing over the last couple of weeks.. >:(
Listening to all you excellent guitarists I have been trying so hard to copy your styles and sounds (so you're all to Blame ;D). Anyway I went back and listened to some of my old stuff and it inspired me to use what I've learned on here and play it my way i.e. lots of bends vibrato and not too many notes.....
so I laid off the effects and let the Les Paul (with a little help) speak for itself.....
What do you think?
I got so excited I forgot to fade the end ...sorry :-[
I've just edited it so it fades out :D

mr2kewl

man that is sweeeet!!!!

sounds like B.B. King. nice and smooth.
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Bluesberry

Quoteand play it my way i.e. lots of bends vibrato and not too many notes.....
Now you got my attention, I like that attitude.  That is really all you can do is play it your way.  Listen to a lot, try to understand what other folks do and why it works, and then play the way you feel it with all this knowledge under your belt.  I don't want to conciously copy anybody either.  When you play like this it sounds so good, the emotion and feeling is dripping out of each note, bend, vibrato.  Well done, great tone, great playing.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

lg

I was just typing up my reply to this post of yours, Forte8,
but while I was typing it Bluesberry posted...
So since he just said what I wanted to say, just let me add,
"Wow Dude, you sound just like B.B.'
[The Thrill isn't gone yet, is it?]!'LOL
This is another for my mp3 player.
You have captured the feel precisely & I love that tone!
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

JohnF

Nice playing very nice tone might just give my LP ago.

Sweet.

Wiley

I agree fort8 there are many excellent guitarist in here and I count you as ONE of them :D :D  I really liked this song.  Keep up the good work.

hardlock

Very well done Mike!  As sweet and with as much feeling as it gets!

Again, your moto says it all, Don't think it, PLAY it and it shows! 

As Bluesberry says, you can't copy everyone else, just take it all in and see what comes from your inner being.   ;D
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

jerome11

Hey, forte.

You are a real br blues bro!!

I enjoyed and was surprised by your playing with deep blues feeling.

B.G.

Greeny

This definitely shares BB Kings beautiful, restrained playing... where a single note played with feeling is worth way more than a bunch of show-off ones. It's just terrific. We have some outstanding blues guitarists on this site, and you are definitely one of them!

guitarron

Quote from: forte8 on February 19, 2009, 07:37:09 AMI have been unhappy with my playing over the last couple of weeks.. >:(
Listening to all you excellent guitarists I have been trying so hard to copy your styles and sounds (so you're all to Blame ;D). Anyway I went back and listened to some of my old stuff and it inspired me to use what I've learned on here and play it my way i.e. lots of bends vibrato and not too many notes.....

it's not what you play -it's how you play it-you did an excellent job
it's got soul- it's a keeper for sure

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis