[You and I] Deleted working on lyric

Started by vincent, April 21, 2013, 11:34:21 AM

vincent

deleted working on lyrics

Hook

very lovely song and you have a great voice, I enjoyed this tune quite a bit!
Welcome!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Rata-tat-tat

Wow... this is a great tune buddy. Your voice is smashingly good.... Thanks for sharing Vincent... Hope to hear more soon!!!

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

vincent

thanks Hook, I mostly write lyric and melody, a friend of mine is singing this. I didn`t like the first verse so I re- worked it. I do sing, but He does it much better. I`m looking around for a girl to try this song, Id like to hear how it might sound.

Rata-tat-tat, I have very few songs, it almost seems like they are never finished...lol  I give all the credit to my friend for singing this for me. I take the credit for roughing them out. what do you think about a woman singing this?
changing that first verse.

Hilary

Hi Vincent - I think this is stunning the way it is.

On the female front - from a technical point of view in the key that it's in, the current singer goes down to a C (octave below middle C) which is too low for a female, even with a low voice (I have a low voice and can just about get down there) and goes up to a middle C (I think the harmonies go up to an E - need to check) - for a female to sing this in it's present key they would need to go up the octave which would take it to an octave about middle C + for harmonies - which would not be low and sultry. Usually a female range is about a 3rd above a male range but you could get away with a 2nd (4 steps) and keep it down the octave.

I hope this makes sense as I don't know your musical background.

I think the singer has a gorgeous tone btw and would keep it as it is :)

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

vincent

Haylie, thanks for taking a look at this. I think I have a program that will change the key, pitch, I`ll load just the music track and mess with it some. I at least want to try a woman on this...lol thank you for the info it will help.
Not much to tell you on my background, I don`t have much. started a little late in life writing. music has always been in my life, I just never got off the back porch..lol

thanks again and I`m going to go listen to you. I`ll leave a note so you know I`ve been there.