Yesterday - Beatles cover

Started by 7thson, April 18, 2013, 06:04:20 AM

7thson

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I got inspired yesterday to lay down another Beatle's test recording on the BR-800 after listening to dobrodaddy's version of 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" Listen here - https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=18234.0

I like the sound quality I'm getting from the BR-800.  I have some more work to d0 but thought I'd share it for the Beatles lovers here.  :)

Boss BR-800

Geir

Love it. Great performance, loved the guitarwork. Great recording as well. Did you use the internal mics? Combined with plugging in the guitar?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

7thson

Quote from: Geir on April 18, 2013, 06:46:15 AMDid you use the internal mics? Combined with plugging in the guitar?

I plugged the acoustic directly into the guitar plug and plugged a vocal mic into line 4 and set the BOSS to acoustic & mic setting.  That's what I've done with the acoustic stuff I've posted already.  The mic is a CAD I I forget the model right now).

Boss BR-800

Hilary

Quote from: 7thson on April 18, 2013, 07:43:22 AM
Quote from: Geir on April 18, 2013, 06:46:15 AMDid you use the internal mics? Combined with plugging in the guitar?

I plugged the acoustic directly into the guitar plug and plugged a vocal mic into line 4 and set the BOSS to acoustic & mic setting.  That's what I've done with the acoustic stuff I've posted already.  The mic is a CAD I I forget the model right now).

I wanna get me an 800! (GAS)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

7thson

Quote from: Hilary on April 18, 2013, 06:58:13 AMhmmmm lovely :)

Thank you! ;D  I appreciate all the encouraging compliments. 

The BOSS BR-800 has a real learning curve to deal with but if you stick with it you'll arrive at a really wonderful pace where you can spend more time creating and recording than just trying to figure out how to get your ideas into reality.  I am fallin in love with this machine.   9{}

Boss BR-800

SwanSong

HI and great cover. loved ur vocals and guitar
for sure. and welcome to the forum . heck any
time u need keyboards on a song im very versed
let me know cheers NEIL

PS..Would have love to incorporate strings on this
for sure.!

Facemask93

nice cover buddy , cant beat a Beatles tune

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

7thson

Quote from: SwanSong on April 18, 2013, 10:11:21 AMPS..Would have love to incorporate strings on this
for sure.!

Thanks!  If you can download the song go for it.  I'd love to hear your contribution.  I'm not sure yet how to collaborate here but I look forward to doing it.  If there's any other song I've done you want to add to go for it.

Quote from: facemask93 on April 18, 2013, 10:49:39 AMnice cover buddy , cant beat a Beatles tune

Thanks , I appreciate it.

Boss BR-800

SteveB

7thS - Sublime. On par with the original. Well done.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon