iOS Drum Machine App, anyone?

Started by ODH, April 12, 2013, 06:08:25 AM

ODH

I had a cool drum machine on my old Android phone - Electrum - but nothing in the App Store seems to do the same thing for my iPhone 5.  Seems you have to be into Dubstep.

Anybody got a good drum machine on their iPhone?

I did look (briefly) to see if this was already covered, didn't find anything...
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

64Guitars

Impaktor looks good:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=12588.msg204899#msg204899

Another one is DrumJam by Sonosaurus (makers of ThumbJam).

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=12588.msg205795#msg205795

The video in that last link reviews both DrumJam and Impaktor, so well worth watching to see if either or both are what you're looking for.

I don't have an iOS device so I haven't tried either of these, but I think a few folks here have tried them (Hook, facemask93, Gnasty). Maybe they'll offer their comments.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

ODH

Thanks 64G. Impaktor looks really cool, might give that a try. I've looked at Drum Jam before,  looks fun but I think I need something I can have more control over, more like an old school drum machine.  I'll try a couple out.

Hook

The only drums I've used on my iphone are from thumbjam or the random (roll the dice) feature in garageband which you have no control. I thought drum jam had a drum machine setting but I could be very wrong. I think that app looks awesome but it looks to me like it would be better on a pad not a phone. I find it hard to tap the rhythms on the small screen, would love to try it out on a pad though. Impaktor looks really cool, Gnasty used it on a tune very successfully. I might try out Electrum, I haven't been impressed with any drums on android.
Good luck!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

ODH

I've got hold of Easybeats 2 and DM1.

Easybeats2 is anything but easy from what I've seen and there's only 1 kit, which isn't even that great.

DM1 though is a great app. It has 64 sampled kits including many old school drum machines. There's even the Roland CR-78, which I've been looking for ages. Very happy with the whole app. Thanks for pointing me to it.