Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

bruno

Quote from: Greeny on February 17, 2009, 05:27:18 AMJust wanted to add something...

I find recording more productive when the song has been played and honed and fully learned BEFORE you sit down to record it. Just a thought  ;)
Oh - that will never do, most of mine are still "work in progress" or "under development" when I press record.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hilary

Oh thanks Greeny - I've made notes, you always have such a rich and full sound to your recordings. Just a couple of questions on the presets - I've got a BR-80 and I don't appear to have any of the presets you mention

Mic - OnBoard1 or VoDelay1 (nope)

Gtr - BassCrnch (nope)

are they add ons, have I got an old system even though I bought the BR in April?

Thanks and for all us Newbees I hope other people share their knowledge too.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

64Guitars

Quote from: Hilary on July 22, 2012, 08:39:54 AMOh thanks Greeny - I've made notes, you always have such a rich and full sound to your recordings. Just a couple of questions on the presets - I've got a BR-80 and I don't appear to have any of the presets you mention

Mic - OnBoard1 or VoDelay1 (nope)

Gtr - BassCrnch (nope)

are they add ons, have I got an old system even though I bought the BR in April?

Greeny has the now-discontinued Micro BR which was released in 2006. You have the BR-80 which was released just last year. They're not the same thing and don't have the same preset effects patches. However, most of the effects underlying those preset patches are the same or very similar, so you should be able to create similar patches on the BR-80. See this document for details of all of the patches in the Micro BR.

You will have to make some allowances for the differences between the original Micro BR and the BR-80. For instance, the Micro BR's BassCrnc patch (guitar preset 79) uses the COSM GTR AMP algorithm. The BR-80 doesn't have the COSM GTR AMP algorithm but you can use the E.GUITAR MULTI algorithm which is very similar. The Micro BR has separate effects for Preamp and Speaker Sim. The BR-80 combines these into a single effect called Amp. The Micro BR's Compressor is part of the FX effect, whereas the compressor in the BR-80 is a separate effect.

The vocal effects will be a bit trickier to simulate because the BR-80 lacks the Micro BR's Enhancer effect. But you should be able to make a patch that's somewhat similar. I'd start with the BR-80's internal microphone patches (preset patches 156 to 160) and adjust the settings as close as possible to those of the Micro BR patch you want to simulate.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Greeny

Phew! Thanks 64guitars - you answered this in a logical, practical and informative way that I simply wouldn't have been able to match, lol !!!

I'll be using the old MBR until it gives up the ghost.

I think with a lot of the patches, it's down to personal preference, and what suits YOUR style of music / vocals. As I've sadi before, trial and error is a very good thing, as you get to 'audition' a lot of tones and settings before you settle on your own optimum 'sound'

Rata-tat-tat

Hey all... not trying to hijack rather add to Greeny's already great break down of the recording process... I've found a site that offers some really great tutorials... The tutorial I'm in right now "Mixing Bootcamp" provides a wealth of info about Eq'ing/ Verbs/ Delays/ Comp/ Limiting and so on... It is all perform'd in pro tools... but if you listen to it... there are a bunch of techniques that will help you in mastering your masterpiece!!! (He also gives out some secrets the pro's use) I'm almost through every segment and I gained so much from this... Priceless info!!!!

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=15795.0
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Hook

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on July 23, 2012, 01:08:27 PMHey all... not trying to hijack rather add to Greeny's .....
Total Hijack. Shame!
 Good stuff here all around. I should read more, and then apply what I read. I do alot but I don't really know if I ever do it any better!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Rata-tat-tat

Quote from: Hook on July 23, 2012, 01:41:11 PM
Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on July 23, 2012, 01:08:27 PMHey all... not trying to hijack rather add to Greeny's .....
Total Hijack. Shame!
 Good stuff here all around. I should read more, and then apply what I read. I do alot but I don't really know if I ever do it any better!
Rock On!

I'm shameless.... I still luv ya Tim!!! LOL
recorder
Tascam DP-02

launched

Quote from: Greeny on July 23, 2012, 07:09:54 AMI'll be using the old MBR until it gives up the ghost.

Thinking the same thing - The only thing I worry about is the internal mic, condensation, dust, etc.

Oh, that and the undo button breaking ;D
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover