Bluesberry

Without Wings
Guitars tuned DGCEAD
Bass, various iPad Apps for the Keys
Recorded on Boss BR-1200
Time:
0:00
Volume:

A much too late submission for the Spacefest perhaps, a month long chasing of my tail perhaps, a poor excuse for long wanking guitar solos perhaps, a quite acoustic folky song buried under layers of prog toom-foolery maybe, you decide.  I am not too sure myself.  If I was pinned down as to what this one is about I would say it is about the act of writing songs in general, and that feeling when the whole thing starts taking off and I start to get swept up in the whole enterprise...................I am getting into my new iPAD, lovely apps.  I found a fantastic mellotron app and that got this one rolling.  I love the mellotron.  So this one came out little Proggy, a little acoustic fingerpicky, a little WTF-ery................... thanks for listening to my mad ramblings.  The file was too big to post here so I posted over at Alonetone.  The first thing I have recorded on my BR-1200 in over a year.  It felt good to get something off the machine finally.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

chunk

Love the organ sound. What are you using to get it.

Redler

The intro is orchestral!! Nice proggy feel all around...the keys are fantastic! Fine guitar work as well!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

You really are to me the master of dynamic compositions and mood shifts in a song, and here is yet another perfect example once again.

That dreamy orchestral intro had me hooked straight away, and then at 0.55 it shifts into that wonderfully laid back section with the keys and finger picked guitar combining majestically.

Then you hit us with another change at 2.57 and it goes in a 70's type psychedelic groove, twisting and turning with that soloing guitar, before it all returns home again at 4.30 with that closing guitar solo then taking it all to its conclusion.....brilliant stuff!!

Fantastic arrangement and a  wonderful mix and blend of musical styles....I bow to your song writing genius once again!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

[error: png image

Just fabulous!

Quote from: Bluesberry on April 07, 2013, 05:55:41 PMGuitars tuned DGCEAD

I assume you just mean the acoustic guitars, not the lead. Or do you? I've never worked with alternate tunings, so I'm not sure how you'd play a lead against a chord progression that's done with an alternate tuning. Seems like it would be tricky no matter how you did it (for me, anyway). All I know about alternate tunings is that your fingers have to be in different places. ;) :)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

galestermusic

Love the intro! The guitar solo is Joe Walsh(ish) lol Awesome! Great Production.

Bluesberry

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you....... 9{}
Quote from: 64Guitars on April 08, 2013, 06:19:52 PM
Quote from: Bluesberry on April 07, 2013, 05:55:41 PMGuitars tuned DGCEAD
I assume you just mean the acoustic guitars, not the lead. Or do you?
The guitars used were my Seagull acoustic and my Epi Sheraton, both tuned the same.  Once I find an alternate tuning I like I tend to tune up all my guitars the same, then just play with that tuning, really get used to it.  I find it too hard on the head to switch back and forth between tunings, too much thinking involved, translating fingerings all the time.  I tend to get stuck with one tuning for months and months at a time and just play that tuning.  My new favorite is this DGCEAD, or its parallel EADF#BE depending on tuning down or not.  This is the old Lute tuning, and was used in the early days of acoustic guitar development, before the Spanish tuning became the standard by tuning that F# up to a G.  All your chord shapes are lute chord shapes.  It is a very lovely tuning and is my favorite way to tune my guitars at the moment.  It gives you perfect 4ths intervals on all the three highest strings, as opposed to only the top two of standard tuning, it moves that 3rd interval to the next lower string.  I find it to be a very good tuning for fingerpicking.  I discoverd it from working out some Bruce Cockburn songs, who uses it a lot.  I just love playing with these different tunings because all the standard chords and familiar licks are gone, and I have to play stuff in slightly different ways, which breaks me out of my cliched old licks and chord sounds.

Quote from: chunk on April 07, 2013, 06:23:41 PMLove the organ sound. What are you using to get it.
all organ sounds came from some Apps that I found, the main App that I used is called C3B3, which is a Hammond Organ emulator, lovely damn sounds from this little beast.  The other App I used mainly is a Mellotron App called MELLOTRONICS M3000 HD. Incredible to hear that "real" mellotron sound in my headphones playing it on the iPad.  Incredible, damn near brings tears to my eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyFOOahyVy8

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

another one i am positive i commented on,i am sure i said something like this yesterday.
 love the intro on the mellotron very genisissy but when the change comes in its classic, bb. braw tell yer maw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Jarle

Fabulous song. I love how the different parts all fit together. The iPad sounds nice.

Quote from: Bluesberry on April 07, 2013, 05:55:41 PM................... thanks for listening to my mad ramblings. ... 

Your ramblings sounds great.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800