The Spitting Image of Me

Started by Will23, April 06, 2013, 02:53:20 PM

Will23

Wrote this about my 2 year old son.  Not your typical song structure because the intention was to get away from the "norm" and make the song more unique, just like him.  Tempo is a country ballad or moderate country (at the fastest).  Thanks for your time and look forward to the responses

The Spitting Image of Me

When I opened my eyes as I finished my prayer, I couldn't believe he was right there.
Not even 30 lbs of personality, the world knows he's the spitting image of me.

I hear him laugh and love that little smile, tickle him to death on that kitchen tile.
His love's unconditional as it should be, the world knows the spitting image of me.

Stood in that life changing room just yesterday, since then I've thanked God every single time I pray.
Little did I know then how awesome this would be, the world knows he's the spitting image of me.

Life now never has a dull moment, now I pay attention more to every minute spent.
When I look at him I'd say I would agree, the world knows he's the spitting image of me.

Lord we know I've learned from each mistake, but help me get this right with every breath I take.
Thank you for this gift for all to see, and making him the spitting image of me.

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

vincent

I like the heart writes..this isb a very good start.

HarmonicDistortion

Very, very nice.  We can feel the love of the Proud Papa!   Can't wait to hear the completed song.
Happiness is not having what you want,
it's wanting what you have.