A Brief Introduction to the Kinks (via Reddit)

Started by Ted, April 05, 2013, 12:52:45 PM

Ted

I found this on Reddit today. Exactly what I've always needed, because the output of The Kinks has always seemed so overwhelming that I never dipped my toe into the water.

A Brief Introduction to the Kinks: The best band you've heard of but have never *heard* of
Quote from: bakedrice link=http://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/1bqcn5/a_brief_introduction_to_the_kinks_the_best_band/While often compared to the Beatles, I find the Kinks to be a lot sillier, way more ironic, and much more enjoyable to listen to because they seemed to not care and seemingly chose a different genre for each song and just made a joke of everything (may have been also partly due to the ban from American touring ban, thus placing much less emphasis on appealing to American ears, allowing them to write songs about tea and the village green.) To me, Ray Davies is the perfect epitome of British self-depreciating humour, written in beautiful three minute pop songs.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

on bbc 4 recently there was a kinks night, fabulous band. a ray davies special on imagine and a dave davies documentary. and he is nuts lol, will see if i can find some links on you tube. village green preservation society one of the greatest albums ever.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Ted

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder