"Bring It On Home To Me" by 64Guitars, oldrottenhead, Geir & henwrench

Started by 64Guitars, March 14, 2013, 01:58:29 PM

Jarle

Fantastic cover. Nice work all over.
Such a clear production. I can separate and recognise all the voices.
Impressive.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

henwrench

I gotta say that Jim's lead vocals are absolutely superb, quite possibly one of the very best of his billion or so performances. In places I think he sounds not unlike a young (good) Rod Stewart.  ;D

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pine

One of my all time favorite tunes. I was a huge Animals fan in the mid 60's, preferring them to The Beatles or The Stones. James you did a fine job with the lead vox...one of your best i dare say...and the backups from Geir and Henny were ace. Hat's off to you especially 64 for all the work and fine playing you put in on this...i'm sure it took quite a while despite being a wizard with technology. Overall a hell of a good collab guys and an excellent cover that you can all be quite proud of. Bravo!

Pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Farrell Jackson

"Yeah, yeah yeah yeah" you just got to love those soulful backing vocals! Excellent lead vocal ORH and 64 you've done a bang up job on the music. I listened to this song by The Animals so many times that the grooves in the album became valleys. Well done guys on all accounts!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

danieldesete

what a dream team ! fabulous cover. I'd love to see you live playing this one, I'd lift my glass at each yeah !
hou hou ha ha

Redler

Well done, 64 and yeah yeah boys! :) . This sounds like perfection!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Quote from: henwrench on March 15, 2013, 03:34:46 AMI gotta say that Jim's lead vocals are absolutely superb, quite possibly one of the very best of his billion or so performances. In places I think he sounds not unlike a young (good) Rod Stewart.  ;D

Yeah, he does sound a bit like Rod Stewart at times. Must be the man flu. :)  Rod Stewart recorded a version of "Bring It On Home To Me" as a Sam Cooke medley with "You Send Me" on his 1974 "Smiler" album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr9mP5awgN8

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

Some serious soul going on here!!! Smoking my brothers!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

kenny mac

This is   guys,a great rendition of a great track,Brawwww as my rod Stuart tribute act friend would say  ;D