download help!

Started by StevieM, February 15, 2009, 08:44:05 AM

StevieM

Just been trying to download some things, most of them worked ok, but a couple came up 'Internet Explorer cannot download ?----. Content decoding has failed'.
Anyone know what the problem is and how I can sort this?
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

64Guitars

Wiley had the same problem recently and I did a bit of searching on the web for information and a possible solution. I didn't find anything definite but, as far as I can tell, the problem only occurs with Internet Explorer and possibly only with the SMF software that powers this forum. Therefore, an easy solution is to install another browser to use with this forum. I suggest you try Firefox which you can download here:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

I use it exclusively and have never had a problem downloading from this forum. And Wiley tried it and reported that she no longer has download problems on this forum since she started using Firefox.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

StevieM

Thanks 64G, I was about a minute too late to say I've found this on another thread :D. Using Firefox now, no probs.
Cheers.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!