Can't believe me!

Started by galestermusic, March 01, 2013, 06:40:39 PM

SteveB

Yep, it's the hybrid-approach I've been using for roughly 12 months. In fact, apart from recording DimPro strings and things (FX), using a midi keyboard, I haven't actually recorded anything into Sonar. I started using the BR900 at first for portability, but went back and dug out the BR1200 for sheer capacity, and from there on in have recorded guitars, bass, vox, FX onto that (usually unprocessed at first pass), and then have transferred the .wav files into Sonar for mixing. It leaves the way forward for creating a 'BR mix' of the project (there are wonderful opportunities open using the Boss FX), and also a mixed-down version of the project can be brought back for 'BR Mastering' as an experiment if nothing else. It's certainly a big area to get into.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

galestermusic

64 you're right! Just needed to use an extra USB spot. I guess where I'm confused and am sure I'll get it, is I have the BR800 hooked up as an interface the Sonar will see as a makie and I have the Roland A-500Pro and will have to learn how Sonar will see it. Sure I'm making much to do about nothing but failure is not an option here lol

galestermusic

64 could you add Roland A-500PRO and SonarX2 Produce to my sig? Or direct me to where I can learn? Thanks

64Guitars

Quote from: LESTG on March 05, 2013, 09:21:56 PMI guess where I'm confused and am sure I'll get it, is I have the BR800 hooked up as an interface the Sonar will see as a makie and I have the Roland A-500Pro and will have to learn how Sonar will see it. Sure I'm making much to do about nothing but failure is not an option here lol

If you want to use the A-500PRO as a control surface for SONAR, I think you need the plug-in from this page:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/kb/reader.aspx/2007012938#

You might already have it as I'm guessing it probably comes with the A-500 on a CD or DVD. Though this might be a newer version.

Here's the instructions:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17857.0;attach=19071

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Auroran

Quote from: LESTG on March 05, 2013, 09:21:56 PM64 you're right! Just needed to use an extra USB spot. I guess where I'm confused and am sure I'll get it, is I have the BR800 hooked up as an interface the Sonar will see as a makie and I have the Roland A-500Pro and will have to learn how Sonar will see it. Sure I'm making much to do about nothing but failure is not an option here lol

You shouldn't have a problem. I have the BR-800 as interface and a Yamaha mm6 as midi keyboard. Both work fine.

The BR has to be in control surface mode for Sonar to see it as a control surface (and not just an interface). The Roland keyboard might have that too. Therefore, you are telling it in advance which one will be the control surface.

As far as two midi devices, Sonar basically sees the BR-800 like a midi keyboard.  When you select a new track, it will give the BR-800 as a synth choice. Don't choose it. ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800