Hydrogen Problems

Started by galestermusic, February 25, 2013, 04:09:04 PM

galestermusic

Hydrogen had been working fine then last night I kept getting "Error starting audio driver."

Have uninstalled and reinstalled with no results. Can't use Hydrogen now :(

Can the rhythm editor be use the same way? Can I create a song and the export as wave etc.?

Flash Harry

You can export as a wav or a midi file, but I'd try to fix the problem. did you google it?

I'm assuming that you're running on Windows, it's very early in the windows development stage  - they say it's an alpha release which isn't even on the way to being a production release. There has to be something that's changed with your machine. Did you get a patch or an update recently?

BTW, mine is still running fine on 64 bit W7 which is patched up to the recent revision.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

64Guitars

From the Tools menu in Hydrogen, select Preferences and click on the Audio System tab.

The above example is in French and running on a Linux system, so obviously yours won't look exactly the same. Click the drop-down list at the top-left (Says "Auto" in the screenshot above but yours might not).

Tell us all of the choices available in that drop-down list. And which choice is currently selected?

Which version of Hydrogen are you using? To find out, select "About" from the Info menu. The version will be displayed on the top line.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

galestermusic

There are only two choices - port audio and JACK. It's on JACK

I have Hydrogen 0.9.6 and running windows vista 32. I have looked on google and have only found two entries. I have done both proposed solutions.

64Guitars

Is JACK installed and running? That seems to be where the error is coming from.

Perhaps you should try uninstalling JACK then re-installing it. You can download it here:

http://jackaudio.org/

Also, something could be interfering with JACK. Make sure you don't have a virus or other malware. And close any unnecessary programs to give more resources to JACK.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

galestermusic

Ok here goes! I got it going. I updated the realtek drivers uninstalled everything hydrogen and JACK and Any folders that had hydrogen, then I reinstalled. Its working now lol

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.