Give me a Sign

Started by andy casson, February 22, 2013, 12:34:27 PM

Geir

Quote from: AndyR on February 24, 2013, 02:58:18 PMOh yes. Yes indeed.
INDEED !!!

Seriously !! This is GOOD !!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

scratchy

oooh! this really drew me in. loving the drum and the bass and those delicious chimes and the vocal is such a good fit..almost hypnotic..and i agree with orh on the simple minds thing. great stuff.

Jarle

I really find this hypnotic.
The bass drives it forward and yet I find myself trapped.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

andy casson

thanks very much guys
Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 22, 2013, 02:07:47 PMspooky as  a spooky thing
- got to be my fav comment! Not sure where this song came from but I like it!
Andy

Rata-tat-tat

Damn Andy... you musta fell out of the tree of inspiration and hit every branch on the way down. Don't stop bro... keep em commin cause they are flippin awesome.

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Tangled Wires

Nothing wrong with a bit of Elbow influence in my book, your songs, like theirs, always have an anthemic vibe to them with a rousing sing-a-along quality.

I love the sparseness of the arrangement, it combines perfectly with the restrained vocal, it kind of sounds melancholy but huge and uplifting at the same time.

That bass just anchors everything together wonderfully, and the when the guitar came in at 3.20 was a real goosebump moment, and love the fact that it only stayed for a fleeting moment before the keys returned as it would have been easy to have gone for the big guitar solo at that point, and kind of love the fact that it you didn't....the perfect example of using restraint in a song.

Pretty bloody fantastic this one Andy.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

chuckizzet

great song and loved the production...simple and very effective.

SE

Great sound, love the vox and the big soundscape, works great, excellent stuff!!
recorder
Boss BR-80