(Not) Just for Geir - video extract of "If We're Dancing"

Started by AndyR, February 17, 2013, 05:52:12 AM

AndyR

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Geir wanted a video of me doin shit...

So, courtesy of the missus's blackberry, an extract of one of the ones I'm recording at the moment...

https://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=EDxVJqnwDuo

I think I want a camcorder thingie for me birthday now! :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Not sure if I'm allowed to watch this, being "Just for Geir" but I did enjoy it & I can't wait to hear the finished tune!I saw the Alabama Shakes on SNL last night and you and the lead singer chick could give quite a presentation on the importance of facial expressions!
I'm going to get a few of these

(sorry it's so big, help 64 it's so huge it's frightening me!)
They run $200 but I called Zoom and they have an artists price of $140. The mic in it is supposed to be stellar.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

AndyR

Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 17, 2013, 06:18:12 AMmagic, but get a bloody haircut  ;D ;D ;D

:D A get a lot of that from the, er, "follicly-challenged" ;D

Cool on that zoom thing, hooky - I'll look into it. I'm going to need something on a stand though - the missus refuses to be involved more than once in a blue moon!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

i'm sure the zoom thing is the same as facemask uses to great effect.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Thank you Andy!! That was really excellent. And so fun to finally getting a chance to see you perform. And what a great song. Looking forward to the final version.

...Interesting watching you play, btw - you've got a different right hand, but watching your left hand I could be watching myself in a mirror! Don't often get that feeling watching another guitarist :)

(That was a quote from your comment to me on the "like a fool" video I posted ;D and I can only echo what you said )
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

AndyR

Yep, I remember typing that. I suspected you'd have the same feeling.

What surprised me when I watched this on her blackberry, was the number of Rory Gallagher mannerisms I seem to have absorbed over the years :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hook

Quote from: AndyR on February 17, 2013, 06:24:24 AMI'm going to need something on a stand though
That's a must for me too, there is a threaded hole in the bottom I believe that will fit most light weight stands perhaps the heavy duty ones if you already have one.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

AndyR

Quote from: Hook on February 17, 2013, 07:37:38 AM
Quote from: AndyR on February 17, 2013, 06:24:24 AMI'm going to need something on a stand though
That's a must for me too, there is a threaded hole in the bottom I believe that will fit most light weight stands perhaps the heavy duty ones if you already have one.

There's an accessory kit with a little tripod (and power supply, windshield, and wotnot).

I haven't said YES for definite yet, but it's looking like this beastie might be the birthday present now... she's been wondering for some time what to get me (and a '63 strat or SG is slightly over budget!!).
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann