Warriors - AndyR Original

Started by AndyR, February 14, 2013, 12:05:15 PM

Greeny

Wow! Just bloody wow! Intimate and brilliant. And that chord change on the 'A hard won then forgotten wage' line in each verse blew my mind.... so utterly wonderful. There'll be plenty of praise coming your way for this one!

Kenny B

Excellent song ... simple and fantastic ... so much depth in
your songwriting.

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

Thanks folks.

I'm quite surprised people like it so much... but very pleased :)

Probably the others I'm working on, which I think are far better, are gonna flop like, er, floppy things! :D

(I do love the words to this, though - they were originally written on the train as a poem. I took the structure and rhyming patterns from a Rudyard Kipling poem in a book I'd just finished. I think I completed them in one go while on the way home from work. I set them to music later and thought it was a bit naff, but the tune stuck, enough for me to call it finished in 1993 when it got added to the shoe-box of completed songs)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

andy casson

Crikey Andy this is stunning! You are such a talent - and a mind blowing recording, I am never brave eoungh to lose the vox fx. Simply wonderful

Andy

henwrench

Gets a gulp and a Sir Andy shows the way.... ;) Love the crack on the vocal.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Finally get to settle in to this one, snowy Sunday, fire crackling, my dog laying by me feet.  I think I need to find my pipe and let this one float away with the smoke.  I really like how you kept it restrained, thats a hard thing to pull off, works perfectly here.  Very good song, exceptional guitar sound, mello and crisp at the same time, thats a hard thing to get right.  I say that your guitar is recorded very well here.  Fingers or plectrum?  sounds like fingers to my ears.  Fantastic bit of poetry.  Its a certified AndyR hit as far as this crowd sees it.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800